Software
Houzz Logo Print
jo_beere

Need help with wall-heater

10 years ago

We are redecorating our living area but I am having issues with this wall.

The flooring will be light grey laminate plank and the walls will be a white embossed wallpaper.

We have made the decision to keep the gas heater (flued to the outside so cannot move it). I am debating whether to either have a cupboard built around the heater (taking into account the clearance required - 30cm above, 5cm either side and being able to be kept completely open at the front when in use) with shelving above, or leave the heater as is.

My concerns are that:

(a) if we leave the heater as is, it will look odd in our brand new interior - especially considering the walls will be white and the heater is a beigey-creamy colour;

(b) if we box it in, I am concerned that it will also look strange as the initial cupboard front will be so high. I had thought to build across to the left of the heater so there is somewhere for the TV to sit and all the technology to be kept, but am unsure how this would look.

The measurements are approx 3.5m across and 2.35m high.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)