Software
Houzz Logo Print
christine_babb

Would you put curtains on these windows?

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

(We don't have neighbors close enough to see into the room.) The windows are east-facing and so have nice light in the morning. Also, there's not a lot of room between the windows for the curtains to stack without covering the art. But I think the room is kind of blah, and maybe curtains would help?

Breakfast Bar · More Info

Not sure if you can see them in the picture, but I have spring tension rods in each window - for Christmas I did something like this, and I'm planning to put up some hearts or other Valentine-type decoration in a similar fashion.

Comments (12)

  • 10 years ago
    I would put curtains in because I've seen too many scary movies with weird person lurking about looking into Windows. bUT I do like what you did for Christmas and if privacy isn't a issue then no curtains
    CeeBee thanked Chikka BangBang
  • 10 years ago

    Instead of curtains I would change the rugs to have more white to carry the white of the window walls into the centers of the room. If you don't want a light rug, then at least have throws or pillows that have a lot of white in them.

    CeeBee thanked yvonnecmartin
  • 10 years ago
    I would leave the windows without any covering. Let nature be your art; it needs nothing else.

    But if you really want to add a pop of color, you could do faux Roman shades that don't move but add color to the top of your windows. See attached.
    CeeBee thanked D DN
  • 10 years ago
    ^^I'm not suggesting that color or design--just the notion of the stationary/faux Roman shade.
  • 10 years ago

    I think your Christmas decor was very pretty!

    I do like the color a window treatment can bring to a room. I also like the cozy feeling in the evening when the shades are pulled down.

    This is a possibility:


    CeeBee thanked jhmarie
  • 10 years ago

    What a beautiful space! I wouldn't do curtains, just possibly woven woods or a silhouette-type shade, inside-mount if you are able.

    CeeBee thanked tgb1
  • 10 years ago
    I would do really elegant sheer panels between the windows...as its lot of windows, n sheer will enhance the look of of that wall
    CeeBee thanked Saddie Sadaf Sayed
  • 10 years ago

    Wow...those windows don't need much of anything! If you decide otherwise, I'd go with an inside-mount shade similar to jhmarie's example. Keep them simple...let the windows be the focus.

    CeeBee thanked chloebud
  • 10 years ago

    Only if privacy is an issue! There are always now you see them, now you don't options like shades!


    CeeBee thanked Cheryl Biermann
  • 10 years ago

    Thanks everyone for the comments/suggestions. For the time being, I'm going to leave things as they are. I think I may need to work on convincing Mr. CeeBee to let me paint in here, though. I'm afraid adding white accessories - let alone a rug! - is not an option (we have a dog & kid and really LIVE in our home, with all the attendant dirt/messiness!), so perhaps I should consider introducing color on the walls. I am horrible at choosing colors, though - things never seem to coordinate like I want them to. Maybe I will post a separate dilemma for that. :-)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Just one more suggestion: I would install stationary curtain panels on either side of each window just to add


    color and texture. That way they won't obstruct the view. Won't cost a bundle if you use ready-made curtain panels!