Software
Houzz Logo Print
laurakshood

Exterior suggestions

10 years ago

Any suggestions to use on this exterior instead of the stucco??

Comments (16)

  • 10 years ago
    Perfect as it is!
  • 10 years ago
    Absolutely stunning. About the only thing you could add would be shutters on the large window but I'm not sure that would add anything. Less may be more. If it ain't broken don't fix it.
  • 10 years ago
    I was thinking the same thing or maybe hang something on each side
  • 10 years ago
    Omg , stunning home ! So pretty! Only thing I would do is add large plant pots on either side of the front door. Beautiful colourful plants in those pots and large hanging baskets off the wood posts ! Done ! Mostly EVERYONE would think your house is gorgeous as is !
  • 10 years ago
    I have a similar problem: I'm unable to gain weight and all my friends hate me because I'm so beautiful. NOT!
  • 10 years ago
    Your house is so beautiful! It doesn't need to be changed and looks so nice as is. The solid white stucco makes the stone pop and gives dimension to your home. I would leave as is :).
  • 10 years ago
    Yawn! Suddenly I'm sleepy
  • 10 years ago
    Oh my! I just posted yesterday and didn't know comments would appear so fast-this is NOT my home, it is from a plan that I am interested in building. It is humid where I live and I am a little nervous about stucco. I was curious if any other exterior options could work without losing the integrity of the house. I appreciate the opinions.
  • 10 years ago
    No problem with the stucco but I would elevate the landscaping on both sides of the front window. Not shutters, but 2 tall evergreen plants/trees that would soften the stone and right angles of the window.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Stucco looks ....alright. I think IMO that if it was all stone it would look the best. Or you could mix stone onto the stucco , kinda like its weathering out. Hope that makes sense?

    OR.... change all stucco to Shake siding using azek or cement board products

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I'm more concerned about the poorly executed design for the conical shaped roof. It looks Disney-ish in proportions and shape. A house with curving lines needs a roofline to match in main focal areas such as this. A witches cap (or hat) shaped roof would be more appropriate.

    My Houzz: Spacious Cottage on the Jersey Shore · More Info

    1926 Charles K. Sumner Tudor Period Style · More Info

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    So this is some type of KIT house?

  • 10 years ago
    Beverly, I'm not sure what a KIT house is but that is the house plan from architecturaldesigns.com. I like the floor plan and will meet with a builder next week. I am concerned a little about stucco and am not crazy about the turret. Before I meet with the builder, I was needing some suggestions about the exterior. I like the suggestion of the all rock, "weathered look" by Davison's. I live in a rather small town with little opportunities for professional advice. Everyone's opinions have been very useful.
  • 10 years ago

    Please don't cover the whole thing in rock!! This mock Tudor will not improve by doing this. Stop the madness! Seriously though, stucco is used in many climates and looks best where it has been suggested. It offers a counterpoint to the stone. All stone siding will look truly comical/overdone.

  • 10 years ago

    Keep the stucco. I'd get rid of that turret thing. It's a bit much.