Software
Houzz Logo Print
jasjes

Window Coverings

13 years ago
I am having a hard time deciding on window coverings for my great room. And kitchen. they are a joining rooms. See attached photo.

Comments (14)

  • 13 years ago
    Keeping with the bright green in the kitchen I would hang bright yellow curtains see attached image. This particular one is from Pottery Barn and in the Living room I would add some dimensions with pattern on the curtain, pix #2,
  • 13 years ago
    Yvesun, do you think the contrast in curtain colors will be okay since these rooms but up to one another, and what do you think of the curtains in the photo I posted.
  • 13 years ago
    Oh and what about the windows towards the ceiling? I need to cover the gap the window shades have between the shade and the top of he window?
  • 13 years ago
    Great idea and thank you for the letting me know the technical word for those windows. I have one other issue though and that is I need to cover the gap between where the head of the window frame is and shade. There is a 2 inch gap. Should I hang a valance all the away across the transom windows?
  • 13 years ago
    Oops I forgot to add if I treat all the windows as two how do I address the same problem I have on the transom windows to the lower larger windows?
  • 13 years ago
    Where to get interesting roll on's for the glass door?
  • 13 years ago
    HI -- You can get a thin valance that will match the blinds to finish off and cover that gap. They clip or stick on.
  • 13 years ago
    Do you know I can get those? Thank you so much for the advice.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I also think drapery panels would tie your rooms together. I'd look for co-ordinating fabrics, one with a print and one either solid or geometric as advised above. Looking for fabrics can be fun and frustrating. I'd go to a designer with fabrics in the showroom, and see what excites you. Chrysteen
  • 13 years ago
    have seen windows like this. very nice with lots of light. the top window should not have any thing on them. the light should always be there. daughter has the white wood blinds with 1 inch slats. in the
    kitchen she uses yellow sheer vallances over the top. her windows go down close to the floor.
    the family room off from the kitchen has windows across the back of the room. had proffessional make
    curtains from ceiling down to the floor and it made the room look smaller and too much material. she
    threw them away after two years and just uses the blinds. i like your windows on both sides of the
    fireplace. the panels would look good yellow or green. color will look great in there.
  • 13 years ago
    HI -- The valances should be at any window covering shops or where you got the blinds from . The blinds should have had the valances included when they were purchased.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Don't put anything on the upper windows.....that would be way too many curtains everywhere!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I don't see why you can't do one long valance/cornice board in that room with 2 pair of drapery panels underneath. I would mount the valance/cornce up to the ceiling.