Software
Houzz Logo Print
mgillman58

Under-counter installation: Miele Masterchef SO or Miele Chef SO?

10 years ago

I'm doing a kitchen renovation and am planning to install a Miele speed oven in an under-counter location. My kitchen is not particularly spacious and space is tight. I will also have a 36" dual energy range for heavy duty cooking. We are a family of six and I look forward to the extra oven space that the speed oven provides, while saving space because it can function as both MW and extra oven. As the SO will go under-counter, I've been advised to go with the Miele Chef SO, as it has knobs which will be easier to use because the touchscreen of the Masterchef will necessitate more bending over or squatting. Also, the Masterchef requires scrolling through several options to get to the MW option, which might get annoying if I have to bend over or squat each time to do so. However, I must admit that I rather like the intuitive pre-set programs (and meat probe) that come with the Masterchef SO, which takes much of the guesswork out of cooking with the combi-mode or when cooking meat. This leave me feeling torn between the two. I'd appreciate the input from those of you with an under-counter Miele Masterchef SO...is it ultimately annoying to be bending over so much to navigate the touch screen? If you have to do it again, would you prefer the Chef SO with the knobs?

Comments (5)