Software
Houzz Logo Print
paulacpierce

Need help with Living Room...

13 years ago
I need lots of help. I'm not sure the seat arrangement works in this room. What should I put over the couch? Should I go with gray curtains? Open to all suggestion.

Comments (11)

  • 13 years ago
    I was also thinking of adding this picture over the couch. Any suggestions?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    What a cool room. Love the wall colors. Don't mess up these gorgeous corner windows with curtains. The white blinds that are there look very architectural and modern. The corner tech cabinet needs to be lower than the windows and then have a beautiful fluffy plant on it. Omit the big chair. Swing the two matching sofas around 45 degrees; keep them parallel. They will be emanating out from the windows and you will be able to see out the windows from either sofa. Move the console table over to the left side of the left wall. Use only one lamp and have the picture above the console table but lower, like a foot lower. I can't see the rest of the room but it's possible the big chair would fit back in the left corner with a lamp as a reading corner.
  • 13 years ago
    hi paula,from the choice of your paintings i think you like color!!maybe you should forget about curtains (love the shutters)and if possible change some of the furniture to more colorfull pieces...
  • 13 years ago
    If I moved the sofas at a 45 degree angle, one of the sofas would block the tv that's in the corner. I do agree that the picture needs to be lowered and that we need to get rid of he small chair and replace it was a colored one. Thanks for the suggestions withthe windows. I wasn't sure if curtains would be a good idea.
  • 13 years ago
    Is the couch off-kilter, or is it just my eyes? Might need to lift the left side a bit--especially if you're going to put a framed piece of art above (which makes the out-of-levelness stand out more). Otherwise, the art looks fine. I like how the dark tones in the wine bottles picks up on the seating color.

    I think the arrangement is ok.

    I would definitely go with gray curtains or roman shades. If you go with panels, I see two panels: one on the left side of the left window and one on the right side of the right window. You're probably going to have to do some finagling with the rods since you've got a corner window.
  • 13 years ago
    No the couch is fine, it's just my photography skills that are off-kilter. The wine picture was photo shopped in. I agree that it looking at it all day long would get old fast. I've had the wine theme for way too long and i'm ready for a change, but i'm not sure what art or pictures would look good in this room. The table and chairs in the dinning are going to be replaced eventually, I plan on getting a darker counter high table. Thanks you for your comments.
  • 13 years ago
    Go with beige gray drape to soften your black sofa, too many black, need to break up a bit or change or repaint coffee table, too strong
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Firstly - there are some structural issues that would need to be addressed - like your builder basic lighting and really simplified fire surround -

    I'd take care of those issues first and then address your furniture placement.
  • 13 years ago
    I wouldn't even know where to start with the fire place. It ends right at a corner and there doesn't seem to have room for a mantel. What would you suggest?
  • 13 years ago
    you can look on www.fineartamerica.com there is so much choice there and you can search on color or theme or artist .. art is very personal but i am almost sure you will find something you like there!!!