Software
Houzz Logo Print
avasikes

Bathroom design disaster

10 years ago

Bathroom Ideas · More Info

Bathroom Ideas · More Info

Bathroom Ideas · More Info

Bathroom Ideas · More Info

My bathroom ended up with a beige shower and thunder white granite ( don't ask). I need some way to try and bring the two together. Paint is about the only thing I can afford right now to help this situation. I'm considering SW Moody Storm. Any suggestions-I can barely sleep at night! Thanks, Ava

Comments (22)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Moody Storm

    This doesn't look like a color that will pull your room together. Too much blue or violet.

    avasikes thanked leelee
  • 10 years ago

    I have to ask...how did you end up with the counters and the tiles?

  • 10 years ago

    The color sample under the window is SW Grayish, too light. Another color maybe-SW Essential Shade?

  • 10 years ago

    I suggest the cream or niveous BM paint color (see middle of color chart) and a valance with suzani fabric from P Kaufman ( see pic) in style in photo.

    This type of valance: I'll post separately



    avasikes thanked Jami Fraze
  • 10 years ago

    Valance style

    avasikes thanked Jami Fraze
  • 10 years ago

    Then pull colors from valance fabric to pull room together. It'll look like you planned the room from the beginning.

    avasikes thanked Jami Fraze
  • 10 years ago

    Try Slice Cucumber by Behr paints. If you like this color, I'm sure you could find something comparable in the SW line. I'm just more familiar with Behr's website.

    avasikes thanked Bev
  • 10 years ago

    Can you find a shower curtain that will break up the two areas?




  • 10 years ago

    Fig shower curtain from RH. Break up the line of sight between the shower tiles and the counter.


    avasikes thanked leelee
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Zen, Top is Moody Storm. Also looking at HGTV SW Essential Shade. Is this the direction you are talking about?

  • 10 years ago
    When testing a paint sample, paint the sample on a large WHITE piece of cardboard. Your current wall color will distort the sample color.
    avasikes thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    I agree, you need a darker shade. All of your finishes are mid tones.
    avasikes thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    What about a warm Gray paint, and a white waffle weave spa shower curtain?
    avasikes thanked lukaweckyk
  • 10 years ago
    I think you need a dark color. Maybe a dark gray with a blue undertone.
    avasikes thanked L Mitch
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Darker than the 2 you colors you have mentioned...

    avasikes thanked Color Zen
  • 10 years ago

    Winds breath benjamin moore

    avasikes thanked Jill McK
  • 10 years ago
    Mmmmm I think keeping walls in a lighter color would be best otherwise the bright countertop may stick out even more. I'll have to think of a color...
    avasikes thanked Amy Whitfield
  • 10 years ago
    Make a stink at the store, they may have a remnant that works that won't cost you anything or not too much more.
    avasikes thanked Amy Whitfield
  • 10 years ago
    Yes the shower curtain will help tremendously
    avasikes thanked Amy Whitfield
  • 10 years ago
    Can you share, what did happen? Did you purchase the home like this? How can you have those two beautiful vanity tops with such a different floor and shower choice? Love the vanity granite. If you have to live with it, I would put up a shower curtain for now to camouflage the shower, but your flooring is still not the right tone :(
    Maybe down the road you can change things to match.
    avasikes thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Color Zen, I have some left over Behr Polished Stone and tried that. It is definitely the right depth. I'm trying to decide if I need a different undertone. What do you think?