Software
Houzz Logo Print
jilly8ean

Entertainment Wall

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

TV is on one wall, fireplace on another. Trying to figure out what will look right. Want a Pottery Barn casual feel.

Comments (15)

  • 10 years ago

    Can you show the other walls? But first, you need a much larger table under the TV. Also, the wreath and picture are much too small for their current placement. Your sofa looks very beautiful and is a great neutral color...which is great

    The first thing that I noticed is the harsh glare coming from overhead lights. I would turn off all overheads and use lamps only.

  • 10 years ago

    I agree that a bigger console for the TV is needed. I would also take down the wreath and picture. You could always put them somewhere else.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Consider integrating the TV into an overall floating wall treatment... not the traditional built-in shelf entertainment center. Treat the TV as if its a photo frame

  • 10 years ago

    Is the fireplace on the wall opposite the TV wall? What is your focal point? Generally, if you love your fireplace/surround, that's what should take center stage. The TV can be installed right on the wall.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I agree with changing the table and getting something larger. In a room it's best to have one main focal point --- if it's the FP, focus on that and make that your best space in your room. Bes to luck!

    KHB Interiors in New Orleans

    Please take a minute and follow us on HOUZZ!







  • 10 years ago

    Can we see photo of FP in the room? Is the sectional back to it?

  • 10 years ago

    Longer TV console, you need to hem curtains, they should just kiss the floor.


    Why is that chair sitting so close to sectional? You might need some serious furniture re-arranging

  • 10 years ago
    Thanks for all the input! Everything currently on the wall with the tv and the small table under it are just there pending me deciding on a piece of furniture. The chair that is too close to the couch is there because my husband refuses to move it. He wants to look straight at the tv, From that darn chair. I need another forum entirely for help with that issue.

    I like the picture with the console, but I think I prefer something all the way around the tv. I like my fireplace, but I think the oversize tv draws the eye more, unfortunately.

    Lamplight is my preference over the harsh lighting we have. I have 2 behind the couch. We just haven't put the outlets in the floor yet. I'd also like to put a chair in the corner between the fireplace and tv (those doors don't open) and a small table/lamp could go there...
  • 10 years ago

    Don't hem the curtains. Raise the rods instead.

  • 10 years ago

    Replace the coffee table with an ottoman and see if that will convince hubby to use the sofa.


    Long media console centered on wall with art to balance the TV.


  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Can you please tell me where do all the doorways lead in the room. I see the kitchen opposite the TV wall. What about the other 2 doorways? My concern is that the sectional and chair have blocked off 2 of the doorways into the seating area.

  • 10 years ago

    Just put the TV on the fireplace, and add a large mirror on the old remaining place with a console table

  • 10 years ago

    Great room! Please reconsider buying an armoire/cabinet for the t.v. as it will dominate the room. A table/console underneath will not appear as massive.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    It might be of use to share these images of TV over consoles.

    Riverdale Basement Renovation · More Info

    Condo Renovation - Waterfront. · More Info

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions