Software
Houzz Logo Print
0plantqueen0

Please Help - Treatment for Overwatering

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

Had to leave town for a few days after repotting some young indoor plants (fruit tree seedlings, peaches to be exact). I had tried the soda-bottle hydroponics rig, expecting to be around to keep an eye on them. It backfired horribly. Came back and the leaves were completely limp, lower ones crinkled, the soil soggy and uncomfortably wet.

I chose to repot in new, dry potting soil, throwing out the soggy stuff and keeping roots as intact as possible. However, that sent the plants into transplant shock, so now I have them in a shady-ish spot with fresh soil which I VERY lightly watered. The leaves are drooping and totally limp; only the top ones are retaining their shape.

What more can I do? I've been babying these seedlings and it's killing me to see them waste away after only two days' absence.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus