Software
Houzz Logo Print
ourhouse2311

Modern inside old outside

10 years ago
What color should I paint our home, our house is modern inside but we can't afford to change the shape of the roof, what color or colors should we do to make it looked modern ?

Comments (33)

  • 10 years ago
    Many like a modern gray or brown
  • 10 years ago

    medium grey

  • 10 years ago
    I agree with the previous poster. Dark gray where it is beige with bright white trim and a fun front door color like light turquoise, yellow or purple/magenta. Other color combinations could be navy body/white trim with a bright red or orange/red door.
  • 10 years ago
    Should the top triangles be all the same color ?
  • 10 years ago

    They can be or for added interest, paint them a darker shade than the main house color.

  • PRO
  • 10 years ago
    Do you think the gray will make the house to dull? I also have a wooden fence if I painted the house gray what color should I do the fence?
  • 10 years ago
    Also what tile could I put on the front patio part? Thank you all your giving me great ideas.
  • 10 years ago
    Jennifer K and Rug knots how were you able to put the color on the house? I'd like to try it.
  • 10 years ago

    I think a mid grey wall might be dull. But I chose a fairly dark tealish blue that I greyed down. If you didn't want a coolish colour, charcoal could also look sharp. It's the high contrast between white trim and dark wall that makes the look so fresh and crisp.

  • 10 years ago

    I use gimp, like Photoshop except free.

  • 10 years ago

    If you don't want to repaint your porch, quarry tile would look nice and be very durable.

  • 10 years ago
    Dark gray with white trim.
  • 10 years ago
    Do columns in white too. Add scrubs in front of window on that wall. On porch add very large pots in black. With tall plants or use trellis to have bougainvillea grow up on them. If you can't get a new front door. Paint the one you have black and add brush nickel hardware. A new light also in brushed nickel.
  • 10 years ago
    Jennifer I tried to use it but my system dosent support it , can you try a gray for me ? Please
  • 10 years ago
    Grey would look good, with a perky coral or green on wider-than-standard shutters and the front door. Move the letter box, and put the numbers vertically on the pillar. Make sure there's adequate lighting in the door area.
  • 10 years ago
    We don't use shutters our windows are hurricane.
  • 10 years ago

    with white columns


  • 10 years ago

    and balanced grey


    I'm surprised gimp won't run for you. There are versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.

  • 10 years ago
    I thought it was an app lol sorry. I'm going to try on my mac. Thank you for your help through.
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    What color is your roof? You should try to coordinate the house color with the roof color. Can you post a picture of your shingles? Are you in Florida?

  • 10 years ago

    I like Jennifer's first rendering with blue gray house and columns, white trim and door and patio floor. Change your house numbers and get a modern porch light and you're done.

  • 10 years ago
    How about this?
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    ourhouse2311 I use photoshop!

  • 10 years ago

  • 10 years ago
    Do you want a conservative look, or something more tropical and fun?
  • 10 years ago
    A more conservative way
  • 10 years ago

    I personally don't love the darker greys in Florida. They don't seem to translate well with the light we have. How about something a little lighter like Benjamin Moore Cool Breeze? It's a pale blue/grey that I think might look nice with your grasses and the color of your concrete. Then maybe Cotton Balls for your trim, soffit, fascia and columns.

    Cool Breeze
    Cotton Balls

    Are there any particular colors you favor for the front door?

  • 10 years ago
    Not sure I was thinking maybe leaving it white. How do you think it will look white all over ?
  • 10 years ago
    I think if you paint it all white, it will look like you had primed it. You neighbor's will be anxiously waiting to see what great color you are going to paint it! I think with the right colors, it could be really cute. Have you tried the Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore color apps?
  • 10 years ago
    Here is a combo Sherwin Williams puts together
  • 10 years ago
    I think the blue gray is pretty with white trim and pillars.

    No one tried a cedar finish either in boards or shakes, can any of you creative types try that?

    What about a color on the triangles in a recessive shade?
Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio