Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tibbrix

Crate & Barrel Sales?

tibbrix
8 years ago

Not sure if this should be here or on the convo side, but I've found a bench at C&B I really want. Does anyone know when C&B has furniture sales?

Comments (22)

• ck_squared
    8 years ago

If it's upholstered, they have their annual upholstery sale in August/September, I think. Long time to wait.

tibbrix thanked ck_squared
  • tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

It's not upholstered. I'll keep an eye out. Read on one site that one can buy C&B coupons on eBay. I'll check that out as well.

• tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Looks like the eBay coupons are well worth it.

• Bunny
    8 years ago

How does that work, buying coupons? I mean, where do they come from?

tibbrix thanked Bunny
  • deeinohio
    8 years ago

I get 15% off coupons from CB all the time with a mail flyer. I don't know if it comes from past purchase.

tibbrix thanked deeinohio
  • Micki-Micki
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I purchase coupons on eBay. Please make sure that furniture is included. The coupons are typically "congrats on your new home" coupons.

in addition, every June C&B has their huge warehouse sale. I always look forward to that.

tibbrix thanked Micki-Micki
  • DYH
    8 years ago

Explain these "purchased coupons" to me, please! I've never heard of this option. Thanks

• tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Linelle, I was wondering the same thing. Seems to me, though, that spending $5 for a 15% off coupon for a $600 item is well worth it! eBay has a ton of them.

• DYH
    8 years ago

What I don't understand is having to PAY someone for a coupon. How do you know if the retailer (C&B) will honor the discount?

• tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Why wouldn't they, dyh? So long as it hasn't expired and covers the item you want to buy, there would be no reason for it to be refused. Coupons don't have people's names on them.

• DYH
    8 years ago

My confusion is WHO is issuing the coupons?

Is it C&B for "moving" only? Is it C&B for loyal customers? if so, then are these people who sell them on eBay the original recipient, or are these coupons counterfeit? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

• tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I have no idea. I feel certain they are not counterfeit. I found them, in fact, due to someone mentioning having bought and used them themselves.

• DYH
    8 years ago

I don't mean to be a pain, I'm just trying to understand how it works. I receive so many coupons now that I don't use, I never thought about a market for coupons!

• Erica L
    8 years ago

Basically their furniture is never cheaper than 15% off. Their upholstery sale is 15% off but doesn't combine with coupons so no different than a 15% coupon you can use anytime. I know tables are 15% off sometimes but again you can just use a coupon.

If you get a C&B credit card you can get 10% back in rewards and certain times they have double points.

We bought a large sectional and used $3K in gift cards I redeemed with Amex points. The rest I put on C&B card at double points. And I used a 15% coupon. I now have $520 in rewards to spend...not sure on what though!

• tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Okay, first of all, dyhgarden, you're not a pain at all! The whole point of these forums is to be educated by others and educate each other based on our knowledge and experience. Knocking heads, so to speak. Shouldn't quit until you've gotten your answer or realize an answer isn't forthcoming. (btw, not sure you noticed this on the "favorite room" thread, but you and I have the same paneling in our LRs!)

Oaktown, that is really smart. I've wondered if that is the case, that if you keep looking at an item, eventually they'll send you a discount of some kind to get you to buy it. I guess you've actually experienced it. Never thought to put something in the cart and let it sit there, though. Smart!

But, I'm off the C&B items now. I found a great site last night, and I'm trying to convince myself to get the one I love (and only one which fits the space, actually). They are 5% off with free shipping, but only until tomorrow. Yikes. However, I'm not in any rush, so I can always wait for the next sale. but check these out. Oh, I think they re gorgeous!

This is the one I am looking at, but peruse the site. Neat stuff.

Add a bit of contemporary flare to my rustic living room? I think it's a perfect hybrid of contemporary and rustic. And it would be going under that mirror, which I think it would compliment perfectly.

http://www.woodwaves.com/collections/wall-mountable-tv-stands

• cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

At Pottery Barn, I asked a sales clerk what the most readily available discount was, she stated it was the new house coupon. She then promised to give me that discount when I made my purchase. It was 15% off. Two days later, there was a store-wide sale of 20% off. Worth the wait!

• jlsch
    8 years ago

tibbrix thanks for sharing that website...they have some great things! I love the one you posted!

tibbrix thanked jlsch
  • tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I've decided I'm going to get that one but with the legs. At least I hope to. Hard for me, an adamant CLer, to imagine spending $600 for a piece of furniture, let alone buying retail, but I am completely smitten, to the point where "nothing else will do."

• rockybird
    8 years ago

I like it a lot! I definitely think you should get it.

tibbrix thanked rockybird
  • tibbrix
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I did! I ordered it about an hour ago! Yikes!

• rockybird
    8 years ago

Great! I can't wait to see pics of it! The price actually sounds very reasonable!