Software
Houzz Logo Print
cleepritch

Entry way

10 years ago

My home has no defined entry way. I really like the space I've defined but do not like the wall with the small mirror. I've tried plants there but they die because there is no sunlight. Any ideas on how to complete this space.

Comments (13)

  • 10 years ago

    So, this is the entry into your home. It looks like your'e trying to define the space. Can you take a picture of the entire space?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Try a more substantial mirror. At least 6" wider and about a foot longer. Choose one with a bolder frame. Sometimes it helps to work backward - find a lovely vintage frame and put a mirror in it.

  • 10 years ago

    Remove the chair and the mirror and leave that wall blank.

  • 10 years ago
    What is hanging over the long console table with the lamps placed on it? I would hang a large mirror there. This looks like that station where you would drop your keys and loose change and take a peek to make sure you put together before going out or coming in. The bench serves ad an area to put shoes or boots on and off. Perhaps a coatrack or dcorative hook rack could be hund where the small mirror is currently hung. Otherwise, it seems to look and be working fine
  • 10 years ago

    For a cleaner look remove all pillows and the chair and mirror as Grover suggested. If you remove the 4 pillows from the bench you may need to lower the art, too. I think you have a good start.

  • 10 years ago

    Great comments. And Grover....awesome photoshop skills. That helps give a better visual. Behind the console is our couch.

  • 10 years ago
    You are being too modest. You sure seem to know what you are doing. I love how you created any entryway. Looks wonderful.
  • 10 years ago
    I would remove chair and small mirror. Also remove pillows on bench. Get a cute vertical set of hooks for keys, mail, umbrella and hang where small mirror was. Maybe try a large mirror over the bench.
  • 10 years ago
    Agree you've over decorated the area Im afraid. Pillows on an entry bench serve no useful purpose. I can see having 1 decorative pillow in some instances but as it is I see about 9 throw pillows in your little area and its just overkill. Same with the small chair -- not necessary. (Unless u regularly pull it out to living area for extra seating but if not then lose it). I think if you remove these items the art will really stand alone stunningly and the entrance will look more elegant. I do however like the idea of the mirror where it is, jist get something framed with some character
  • 10 years ago
    my bad its 12 pillows I see, not 9. Edit it down a bit
  • 10 years ago

    If you feel that you need something on the wall, "now" that you've removed the small chair and mirror, then put up a long vertical picture.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I'd go for a full length mirror where the have the chair with small mirror above. It's great to be able to check yourself out and see how fabulous you're looking before you step out.
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations