Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Daylilies for Postage

organic_kitten
8 years ago

I may add to this list, but for now, I am prepared to send for postage:

Donna Jack, one person has reserved some of this, but there is enough for several. Spacecoast Karen Stephens Kinn; Vulcan Logic, Esprit de Corp, Passion's Promise, Big Sur, Running Late, Mary Jane's Saltwater Taffy Pull, and there will probably be others as I dig. We are supposed to have rain the next couple of days, and I know I have other Munson's that will be leaving. The first two are dug and sitting there waiting to be divided. They don't even know they have been moved yet.

kay

Comments (73)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Nan, I am hoping for just arthroscopic, again. Eight years ago, I had it done and it wasn't good. I have diligently hoped to avoid a total knee, and still do hope to do so, but something has to be done, because it is not reliable and quite painful as well. I do noy have time for this...but I will find out Thursday. Plan to have all these daylilies on theirway to new homes before then, though.

kay

• Nan
    8 years ago

That was mine too, just two tiny little holes and pretty fast cleaned up, most of my right knee's cartilage was shredded/damaged and have it cleaned up is all he could do ... The pain after the anesthetic worn off was something else though... But afterward sure felt a lot better than before the arthroscopic too...

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hope it works well for me.

• Nan
    8 years ago

Sending my prayers Kay...

organic_kitten thanked Nan
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Oh my, Kay. Will pray that you hear good news on Thursday.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

At least maybe it won't be real bad news :)

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    8 years ago

I would love some if you have any left and don't care which you send; I will love anything. Thanks!

• ruthz
    8 years ago

Such a nice offer. Prayers for good news.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    8 years ago

Kay, I'm sending positive vibes your way for your knee ; )

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b
    8 years ago

Praying about your knee.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Any of you who haven't sent your address, please message me. I have sent the first few. More will go out tomorrow...maybe all the rest will go out tomorrow. I am much happier sharing these than composting them.

kay

• casey1gw
    8 years ago

Sorry, address:

Hedy Gensler (casey1gw)

21 Blind Brook Lane

Greenwich, CT 06831

I have several friends who have had knee replacements and they're very happy with the result but it is a longer rehab so I hope you have a great outcome at the dr.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I love the people on this forum. Thanks you so much for the prayers, well wishes and information you have sent my way. It means a lot when things are a bit less than ideal.

kay

• Tina, MICH
    8 years ago

Hi Kay, I am new to this site and the idea of Daylily trading etc..

i am attempting to line my pond edge with daylilies to help with erosion and be pleasing to the eye. I am in Michigan zone 5. Please let me know if u have any daylilies u need to get rid of and is it this thurs u have knee surgery?

Thanku

tina

• Tina, MICH
    8 years ago

Here's the pond. I have ornamental grasses lining it on the right but the pond isn't spring fed so it is very low leaving ugly dirt!

tina

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The pond looks beautiful, Tina. Especially the photo with the rainbow. No Thursday is the initial surgeon visit. They will drag it out a week or two more. I have filled the majority of the requests except for a couple who have yet to send addresses. There will be a fair number of starts left if you want them. Wait and see to see if you want them.

kay

• Tina, MICH
    8 years ago

I will take anything u r willing to give. Should I email u my address? How does one prepay for postage?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, Metzger. It will probably be tomorrow before I send them since I have an appointment this afternoon, but I will send you a nice supply.

kay

• Tina, MICH
    8 years ago

Omg how exciting. Good luck today at ur appointment. I'll pray for arthroscopic cleanup vs replacement!

• Brad KY 6b
    8 years ago

Tina, it seems to me that the basic orange daylily [also called ditch lily] may do better at the pond's edge. The hybridized daylily, while easier to grow than many flowers, requires
    divisions every 3-5 years, and different varieties like different
    climates better. The basic orange more than anything else, can live through almost anything--drought, flood, etc. and are really carefree. They spread like crazy and really do hold back the erosion well. They bloom in almost all zones. You could probably find these even in your area for free. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemerocallis_fulva

• Tina, MICH
    8 years ago
    Yes, I am familiar with that variety but shame on me (lol) I am wanting more unique/eye catching varieties.
  • organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oh, you can email or messge me the address. I messaged you my email address

kay

• cassyroach
    8 years ago

Are you still trading daylilies for postage? I would be interested.

• moonchild77
    8 years ago

I'm just starting to get into daylilies now and was wondering if this offer is still available?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sorry. It is finished for now

• Nan
    8 years ago

Kay, how is your knee ? Do you need a surgery ?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, I do, Nan. I have to have a total knee replacement. Date not set yet, but it was as I figured and there was nothing they could do arthroscopically.

• Tina, MICH
    8 years ago

So sorry Kay. Hard to know when good time to have done. Hate to miss out on gardening during recovery. On the flip side if it's causing u lots of pain then gardening won't be as fun.

• Nan
    8 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through surgery Kay, sending prayers for your succesful surgery and complete recovery ! When you are healed, it will be more fun in the garden Kay..

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I was disappointed, but not surprised, Nan. The joint is bone to bone from midknee cap to the inside....No cartilege and a real annoyance. I am just actually waiting for it to fit the Surgeon's schedule. He is very widely sought because his patients usually do well. Trained in Andrew's Sssports Medicine docs

• Ed
    8 years ago

We wish the best for you Kay. Hope everything goes smoothly. I have several relatives that have had replacements and have done well.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you Ed. I am of two minds....Do it as soon as possible or wait til the bloom season (which has already started) is over. My sister just had one, and she has to have the other one done. I am much better off than she was. Just constant annoying discomfort.

• KarenPA_6b
    8 years ago

Hope all goes well for you Kay - praying for no complications and quick recovery. If you don't mind, can you post some pics of your adorable kitties?

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    8 years ago

While surgery is not something sought, because it will relieve your pain and discomfort, I say go for it as soon as possible. I, too, have known a number of people who have had the surgery and their recoveries went very well. Let us know your decision and when the surgery will take place. Prayers are being said.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you,. I have to wait on his schedule, but will have it as soon as a slot is available.

kay

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    8 years ago

Did you send any my way? I have not seen one yet and have been watching. Thanks, Lori

• Nan
    8 years ago

How you doing Kay ? Do you have your surgery scheduled yet ? I'm praying for you !

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nan I will see he surgeon on the 25th of this month. this doctor is very busy, so it usually requires a wait for elective surgery. But his patients do extremely well. We say one of them having rehab (we were at gym)today. She is doing extremely well with excellent range of motion and walking without a cane or other assistance. Climbing stairs etc. I w as very relieved after watching her and talking with her. I appreciate everyone's prayers enormously, and will be sure to let you know before I have the actual surgery,

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    7 years ago

Just checked out this post and saw it was about more then free daylilies. I wish you the best Kay on your knee surgery. My husband had it 4 years ago and it went well. He's in his 70's. Just make sure you do the post operative exercises no matter how much you don't want to. They make all the difference. A friend of mine's husband did only a half hearted job and he ended up with a gimpy knee. Rehab is the key to a successful conclusion of the operation.....My prayers go out to you. Please keep us updated.........Maryl

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks you so much Maryl. My spouse s quite worried that I will overdo. I plan to do the rehab at the gym/rehab place we go to, and they know what I do there, and there would be no skimping even if I wanted to skimp. But I realy appreciate your advice. So many people expect the therapist to fix them. Doesn't work that way. Therapy isn't done TO you....it is done BY you. I rehabbed the shoulder after the rotator cuff tear; so I know it won't be any kind of fun.

kay

• Nan
    7 years ago

Hi Kay,

How is your knee ? Do you have the surgery yet ?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Nan the first appointment available is September 27th. He operates on Tuesday only and is very sought after. So I am getting a new knee for my birthday (September 28)

• Nancy
    7 years ago

Wow, what a way to spend your birthday!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Ah well. I am actually looking forward to it because that will be the beginning of having the knee back. According to the surgeon, the use a nerve block to avoid the very bad initial pain that goes with it. and I will be up the day after surgery which, is the birthday.

kay

• Nan
    7 years ago

That would be a great Birthday present Kay... new painfree knee, praying for you....

• Nan
    7 years ago

Hi Kay, just want to let you know that your babies growing slowly but sure and I will let you know once they have scapes or blooms and posted here...Hope you have a nice and not so hot Spring !

• shive
    7 years ago

A new knee sounds like a pretty good birthday present!

• perkeyc_a
    7 years ago

I would love to have whatever you could send me

• perkeyc_a
    7 years ago

Just let me know how much the postage is

• casey1gw
    7 years ago

All my friends who have had a knee replacement are happy - no more pain!