Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poshky

Artwork Help Please!

poshky
8 years ago
I have a tv wall dilemma that I've had tons of help on, but I'm needing help with picking art for my great room! I have this wall in the first pic and then I have the tv wall still. I have a new sofa and rug. Thank you so much for any help! Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments (971)

• loudon1
    7 years ago
    Bessie the cow would match perfectly. You can get her at grandin road.
  • poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I wanted to update everyone on my front porch! We are getting the sidewalk and door painted this week:) I always thought I wanted a green door, but after seeing this tangerine/orange I kinda like it. I just don't want it to look like fall year around. What color of door do you all see now that the porch is done? Any suggestions welcome!
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

If it's tangerine and not pumpkin or true orange, it's not quite an autumn color....?

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    No I wouldn't think it's a true autumn color! I just think I need a bright color cause the porch is dark.
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

Don't forget good lighting.... :)

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Yes we have a light on each side of door. We plan on adding lighting along sidewalk & landscape. Anything has to be better than white lol!
  • happyleg
    7 years ago

That looks very nice!

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you Happyleg!
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

i love the orange! go for it! also can i add that the porch lights are a bit under scaled. because the were placed so high, you have room to fill below if that makes sense,

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

i do like the green too seeing this ...

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Downbytheriver! Yes the lights do look under scale:( thank you for doing the colors for me!
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

What about times the front door is left open? and it's seen with your yellows?

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    The door is never left open. There are to many bugs where I live & plus my dogs would get out :/ we had a storm door on last house but didn't really want one with this door. Well here is the green! It's a little bright
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

I like the green better than the orange......... will you be adding any copper accents? idk why that came to mind.........

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Everdebz thanks. I don't know I hadn't thought about it. Any ideas?
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

Well, cause I have some time, here's a coleus {?} in copper.... maybe lime and burgundy plantings would pop against the grey. Is exterior grey? And like indoor corrugated metal, copper has a tactile....

Hanging Patio Garden Flower Planter Basket, Copper Finish · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

$104.

Fire Sense 60859 Copper Rail Wood Burning Fire Pit · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

I think of wood exterior -- but maybe you'd like this --

Willow Craftsman Address Plaque 12"x8", Copper Verdi · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

etc......

Copper Falls Cascading Garden Fountain · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Had you considered not verdigris like I posted, but true lime? Was your post a lime?.... I might be lost a bit!

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    The metal is clay and burnish slate. I had some coleus in pots this summer. I love them. Thanks you can maybe see them in this pic.
  • poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I haven't really thought to much past the sidewalk and a shade of green. I know I'd like a bench at the end of the sidewalk and maybe a pot on each side, but that's about it.
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

I was just showing my MIL some of your thread - your post of 3 months ago showing a cool water feature --- maybe was copper.... ?

• everdebz
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Well, it's popular on houzz to hear: wait a while until more permanent elements are in place, and live with it a while...... oh is the front door merely primer?

What about barn or apple red /a warm and homey look for a setting like yours.... and with warm aged copper.... ?

compared to metal of the house and a saturated green or orange.... but come to think of it, your inside is sort of contemporary isn't it?! hmmm....

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Yes that water feature I liked was wood that looked like copper! The door was white primer but he has put 2 coats of green on. It needs 1 more. I'm not much on red!
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

Fooled me - the fountain looked substantial and peaceful either way.... is it a Kelly/ emerald green? and you don't want anymore yellow in it to make lime then, just checking... :)

A true green can look nice with bright navy..... plant green [like door] groundcover on each side of pathway and place Adirondack chairs in blue... ?

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Do you have a fence on the property? white could be nice with green and blue, but I'm repeating myself.....

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Your coleus post just came and so I like that.... it's not grey is it....

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    No we have no fence. Ya I didn't think about navy. I had bought green, turquoise, & reddish colored pots earlier this summer. The green isn't really emerald but not Kelly I'd say more FedEx green!
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

Yeh, because you already have a bright [green], I thought a sporty-casual navy might be nice.... but you are not afraid of color!!!! :) and it'd seem kinda conservative too.

• everdebz
    7 years ago

A neutral house, and you can play....!

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    These are the pots I bought not that I have to you them just showing you what it looks like up next to it.
  • happyleg
    7 years ago

The pots look nice & the pets peeking out window. I love the cedar.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

• happyleg
    7 years ago

Hi Down! Good to see u! Nice lights.

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Downbytheriver yes that helps out! The only reason I got those lights are because they matched the ones on my garage, but yes those bigger ones look better! When my husband gets some grass planted by the sidewalk and I get my plantings I think everything will come together more too. I can move these pots around back!
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

the barn lights make sense, just no curve to the arm. and yes the green is cool

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Here is the sidewalk done. I'm thinking of a bench the same color as the door or would that be to much?
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

i think you should wait on the bench until the planting

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Ok sounds good thanks downbytheriver!
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

I'm tired - I read your post without noticing your sidewalk.... well I am interested in planting [though you didn't quite mention that sorry], so I copied this: "Coleus can be grouped into 3 forms: upright, rounded and trailing. Frequent snipping, pinching and trimming can help modify form although the trailing varieties have great value at the edge of a planter or in a hanging basket. Planting and Care-- Coleus has long been considered a shade plant but the best leaf color is achieved with morning sun and some degree of afternoon shade. Many varieties do well in both shade and part-sun. Some can take quite a bit of sun as long as they are not allowed to dry out."

http://www.gardeners.com/how-to/grow-coleus/8734.html

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Your photo of coleus: could have the trailing in 1 color near porch in 'sunset' or 'red'? and other more mass in the ground with front door's green.... bring the green out and over ....

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

where did you go??????

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I'm here! I've been busy with teaching. I did get a tree up and decorated outside some! How are you all?
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 years ago

oh you think you can just teach ppl lol! Im good, just thought about this thread and thought.. where the beef....(old commercial)

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Lol! Ya I remember that commercial!
  • happyleg
    7 years ago

Merry Christmas!

• User
    7 years ago

Art Prints and Orginals - Holiday discount · More Info

Art Prints · More Info

some art for consideration

• poshky
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Merry Christmas to you all also:). Rayma thanks I'll look at the art.
  • User
    7 years ago

Thanks poshky