Software
Houzz Logo Print
mollie_mcarthur

Any way to save this plant? (Possible scheffeleria)

10 years ago

I'm not entirely sure what this plant is..I was thinking it could be the umbrella scheffeleria? Anyhoo I am having extreme difficulties in keeping it alive and healthy.

the leaves grow through spurts where one week it'll drop 20 ish leaves and then the next week reside and drop maybe just a couple.

Whatever it is it spreads fast and drops the leaves. It starts at the tip turning it black working its way up the central leaf vein then falling off. The leaves that fall are soft.

I recently reported it into a bigger pot with a mix of standard soil/coir and moved it closer to the window. I cut off a stem to look for water transport damage but the tissue still looked good.

Is there any way to save this plant?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)