Software
Houzz Logo Print
candbjohns

Replacing powder room floor

10 years ago
Help. 11 months ago we had our floors refinished and stained dark. 2 months ago we renovated a powder room. Last week while on vacation, a faulty supply line leaked and ruined the hardwoods in the bathroom, and we will have to have that wood replaced and the entire floor sanded and stained to match. Since we JUST did the process of packing up, moving furniture and vacating to refinish the floors, we were considering replacing the floor with marble tile to eliminate the need to refinish everything since it was done just a year ago. Would marble against hardwoods break any design rules? I picked the white vanity with Carrara top b/c I liked the contrast with the dark floors...would there be too much white with white carrara floors? I liked this picture I saw below of the tile being laid in a herringbone pattern. Will the different floor material flow? We have an open floorplan and the bathroom is in the center of the floor (living room and office-carpeted, kitchen dining and foyer all hardwood). Will this work or do we need to suck it up and redo all the floors?
Sponsored
Daniel Home
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin Co, Ohio