Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendyseifert

Hostas or a Bra?

8 years ago

I'm still mourning the loss of my puppy dog and it was snowing on my hostas this morning May 15th. Thought it was time to lighten things up, lol. Hope Gogirlterri won't mind she started the tread in 2013. You'd love to buy a few new hostas but you only have $40 dollars left in the budget and you need a new bra. What would you do?.

Comments (17)

• 8 years ago

I am so sorry about your pup. That is always such a loss.

However, to answer your question...

Bras are highly over-rated. Hostas are not.

WILDernessWen5 thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • 8 years ago

I agree, definitely go for the hostas. Keep wearing the old stretched out sports bra. "Uniboob" great garden fashion statement- good name for a Hosta too!

• 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Well, that's a very subjective question.... Can't see many of the males on this forum jumping in on this one, lol but what do I know anyway... need and want - no-brainer..."want" usually wins out.

WILDernessWen5 thanked josephines167 z5 ON Canada
  • 8 years ago

Sorry about the loss of your doggie.

WILDernessWen5 thanked Esther-B, Zone 7a
  • 8 years ago

Let them flop. Get the hostas!

-Babka

WILDernessWen5 thanked Babka NorCal 9b
  • 8 years ago

So sorry about your dog.

Hostas for sure, hmmm perhaps a String Bikini.

WILDernessWen5 thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • 8 years ago

Just thought it would be fun again. I don't know how to connect a thread. If you type in Hosta or a bra in the search box you can see the original thread. Lot's of guys replied it was hysterical.

• 8 years ago

Set those girls free!

The link you're looking for

Kathy

WILDernessWen5 thanked zkathy z7a NC
  • 8 years ago

Kathy thanks for the link..fun..now my mind is in the gutter & some hosta names r sounding like dirty jokes..

WILDernessWen5 thanked nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
  • 8 years ago

Kathy-Hallelujah Sister! Is there a hosta Hallelujah ? How about H. Brazini? Sounds like part of the mob in the Godfather. Lol

• 8 years ago

Well, no danger of any flopping here, bra or not. So that's a no-brainer for me. Now going off to enjoy that old thread . . . .

WILDernessWen5 thanked littlebug zone 5 Missouri
  • 8 years ago

Oh, sooo funny!

Thanks for bringing this up, and the older link! With lots of family drama, and a little sadness going on around here, I honestly needed a good laugh!

WILDernessWen5 thanked windymess z6a KC, Ks
  • 8 years ago

Also - so sorry about your pup, Wendy!

WILDernessWen5 thanked windymess z6a KC, Ks
  • 8 years ago

Now we're talking. Thought we all could use a few laughs. I don't know about you guys, but this gardening is getting to be stressful business. Geesh, crimney, and crikey. Would it just get nice out already!!!! Oh wait, then we have fungus, slugs, cutworms, and worst of all drooooought!!!!

• 8 years ago

Sorry to hear about your loss. Over the years we've lost 6 Rotties, I know what it feels like all too well. Just typing this out I still get this tingle in my stomach over loosing my best buddy Ace over 18 months ago, man do I miss him my handsome lad.

While some will go for naught but hostas, by the sounds of it you're quite prepared to let the girls swing free, so, let them hang down while you're planting your new hostas.....

Pieter

WILDernessWen5 thanked Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
  • 8 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words about my puppy dog Lola. My husband is heartbroken too. She was our empty nest baby and shared her love for us equally. She loved Hostas too and the critters that hid under them. Nearly gave my husband a heart attack the night she had a huge possum trapped underneath H. Francee.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida