Software
Houzz Logo Print
tracygradolph

Banquette design

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
Carpenter built banquette...I wanted it counter height....I think I made a huge mistake. weird seamless corner window. Bench is 24 inches high.,,,...I need help finishing it. Cushions, backing and table ( how tall?) Glass?....any suggestions greatly appreciated...want to keep light and bright.

Comments (14)

  • 13 years ago
    I did counter height because--its a galley kitchen and I thought I could work on the table if needed. We did new tile, base and crown molding, new appliances....the countertops will need repaired or replace. They are cracked...And still need backsplash. Thank you---I love your ideas.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would wall mount the cushions on the wall, similar to a wall mounted headboard. This way they stay in place as you don't have much height. I would add a table other than white. I think you are getting too white in this room. Maybe a gray toned wood table. If you want a monochromatic white kitchen that is great, but you have to add hues of white, light and darker. I think grays are your ticket, it is hip and hot right now, easy to find.
  • 13 years ago
    There is some gray in the flooring...I would like to do bamboo roman shades on the windows and sliders....do you think this may work. This is florida...and the area is small. I did the banquette because of the small weird corner.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yep for sure the shades would be nice.

    Keep samples of tile, shade fabric, paint etc in a box or file for when you go shopping for things. It really helps to have these references. Your last selections will be easy to adjust items like cushion fabric or paint.

    Personally I always hire a window treatment pro to measure and install the treatments even if I purchase them myself on line. Its worth the $ to see that things fit nicely and look well finished. I think its around $35 - $60 per window area to measure for ordering and return to install, and can be well worth it when you are spending a few hundred or more on window treatments in a room.

    Diane Menke
    Myers Constructs Inc.
    myersconstructs.com
  • 13 years ago
    Great Idea! Thank you---I go so far--then get stuck.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think that is what Houzz is here for ; )
    Have fun! Be bold!
    Diane Menke
    Myers Constructs Inc.
    myersconstructs.com
  • 13 years ago
    lol I live in a small florida home also with a weird corner open dining area..I wanted a custom banquette done but the designer never got back to me so I ended up finding 2 homemade benches with cushions and they have seperate one piece back cushions..I have a oval table with 2 chairs on outside also. Your area looks like a circle table would be best. Good luck..Who built it looks like he did a great job..is he in the St Petersburg area by chance?
  • 13 years ago
    And also find some pops of color you like..too much beige and white starting to look washed out..
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you bit we live in Vero beach. He spent 2 most here when we purchased the house. I havwhi
  • 13 years ago
    I want to stay neutral. But it needs something fun. Sunbrella fabric for easy maintenance.
  • 13 years ago
    Measured banquette---70 inches left-70 inches right side---96 inches from corner to corner. Should I go round or square? And what size?? 36" or 42" .
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Tracy, I suggest a square table, so users can 'belly up' when seated at the two sides of the banquette. It will also serve others in the separate seats much better. Nice work, and it has built in storage, which is a definite plus.
  • 12 years ago
    American Trading Company F03STBH Futura Table Base
    by American Trading Company
    Item #: ADG-F03STBH
    Model #: F03STBH
    Considering this for table base. Thinking about using using glass to keep it light.