Software
Houzz Logo Print
stoufmason

Cambria solved my dilemma

10 years ago

I had Cambria Brittanicca quartz countertops installed and I love them - except for 2 little spots on my island. They were darker than the other "spots" and were in a very visible place near the sink. They were annoying!

Cambria came out and looked and agreed that they didn't look right.

They offered me two solutions. One was to replace the whole island counter. I really didn't want to do this since it would mean having the sink and everything removed (although Cambria was going to pay all the costs).

The second solution was to try lightening the spots so they wouldn't stand out as much. They said if I didn't like the result, they would still replace the whole counter. The picture below shows the result.

I am very happy with the result, and with Cambria. They have been very helpful and professional.


Comments (20)

  • 10 years ago

    That's good to know; thanks for sharing.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Love to hear that something worked and the homeowner was happy. It seems this is a rare event...at least on Houzz.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Cambria quartz is my #1 recommend for my client projects. Not only do they offer a very wide selection of patterns, but the installation and customer service are excellent. Nice to hear they were willing to replace the entire counter top if they weren't able to fix it.


  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    This is how differently people think. You didn't care for the spots, and I would be bugged by the larger stripes, lol. (So I wouldn't pick quartz, myself). Nice kitchen though!

    I'm happy that the company took care of you and that you are no longer seeing spots :-) Cheers!

  • 10 years ago

    luvourhome, I used to have a very uniform granite countertop, so wanted something that was completely opposite (at least in my mind).

    Yes, it's a good thing that we all like different styles ... keeps things interesting.


  • 10 years ago

    As I said, the owner of store where we bought Sonoma Tilemaker bcksplsh tile knows one of Cambria's principals. When I met her, I told her we'd bought Cambria, she said they are very ethical.

  • 10 years ago

    In getting ready to order Brittanicca as well. How did they get the spots out? I see a few in every slab, but still Iove it!

  • 10 years ago

    joviboys - They use a little drill to remove the surface of the spot and then use a filler and sealer. You cannot tell that anything had been done, except the spots are gone. There are "spots" in Brittanicca, but the two I had removed looked very out of place and different from the others,

  • 10 years ago

    Wow! I'm ordering from the Seattle area. Which area did your come from?


  • 10 years ago

    I'm in the Toronto area. But the customer service is amazing. They really stand behind their products. And if I were ever to get a chip, they repair for free.

  • 10 years ago

    That's great news stoufmason! We are also in the Toronto area, and will be ordering Cambria's Brittanicca as well. I love your kitchen!

    stoufmason thanked Daniela
  • 10 years ago

    I have a dark concrete color Cambria countertop which had the opposite color problem: a small white inclusion. The fabricator came out, drilled out the offending part, and filled it with clear superglue. Nothing fancy, just superglue. He then shaved it flush with a razor blade, and it's been invisible ever since. Great product, responsible installer.

  • 10 years ago

    Stoufmason, congrats on the successful resolution of your problem! Kudos to Cambria & your fabricator/installer for their business ethics & response.

  • 10 years ago

    Your kitchen is stunning. May I ask what color the glass tile backsplash is please?

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you kocampbell. I got the backsplash at Home Depot. It's called Arctic Fog.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I am in the seattle area and used cambria on two occasions, and have found them to be really good, super professional. Floform is the name of the cambria company in the kent valley.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Is the finish the same where the spots have been lightened? Do they feel different?

  • 10 years ago

    No Joseph, you can see or feel any difference!

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Nice trick. Let's hope they share how.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations