Software
Houzz Logo Print
gotebow

Corner brick fireplace with vaulted ceiling

10 years ago

Please help me decide what to do with the corner brick fireplace in a room with a vaulted ceiling. Thanks so much in advance!

Here are the issues:

1) it creates on off balance space because 1 side is too high

2) the brick isn't bad, it just dates everything

3) we have changed all the trim moulding to white and added white crown moulding to all the rooms in the house (can you see . There is brown trim molding (I think it's stained cherry.) flanking both sides. We left it because its the same color as the vaulted ceiling beams.

The new white crown moulding stops at the ceiling beam on the left and to the left of the hallway door on the right. It does not go up to the top of the ceiling.

4) My husband is great at working with projects and wood trim (he did the crown moulding well.)

5) Do I leave the fireplace open? Change to a black fireplace front? We don't use the fireplace. I'd rather have a fire outside.

6) There are vents that are on that wall, too. There is a switch on the wall that will force air from the floor vents through the fire grate and out the other vents (or maybe its the other way around.)

7) We just redid the roof 5 years ago, so I wouldn't want to move the fireplace (doesn't the chimney need to go straight up?)

8) I am slowly moving towards transitional design. Help!

Thanks so much!


Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Remodeling Company in New Albany, Ohio