Software
Houzz Logo Print
heads2gether

Love this!

10 years ago
Can you please help me identify this purple flower?
Sonoma Back Yard Renovation · More Info

Comments (3)

  • 10 years ago

    I'm not sure what the smaller purple flower is in the foreground, but the darker purple is a variety of salvia (along the wall, center right of the photo).

  • 9 years ago

    Could the plant in the bottom right (in front of the salvias) be a type of verbena? I just planted some trailing verbena in pots and it looks similar. I can't zoom in for a better look.

  • 8 years ago

    The plant is Scaevola.

    Scaevola is a very versatile plant. It is great for hanging baskets or the front of borders. Scaevola is native to Australia so our heat does not effect it. Once it is established Scaevola is drought tolerant. This flowering plant is almost vine like growing 10 to 14″ high and trailing up to 24″. Its blue-purple or pale pink color and bright green foliage cool off a hot summer garden. I have used this plant to border part of my garden and it gives the edges of the bed a ruffled look that I really enjoyed. It will take full to part sun and thrives when most plants are drooping. Scaevola is considered an annual except in zones 10 and 11 but has made it through mild winters in my garden. The flowers come throughout the year making this a very popular plant for your garden, container or hanging basket. Copied from our local nursery in Seabrook, TX.