Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
etran

Do you like your Top Knobs pulls/handles?

7 years ago

And how would you compare them to other brands like Schaub, Jeffrey Alexander, Omnia, Baldwin?

Top Knobs website states that most of their pulls and knobs are made from brass, but when I looked online at build.com, it showed that they had more made from zinc than brass.

So do you like yours and have they held up?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (17)

• 7 years ago

I have the Arendal pull in antique pewter on my drawers and cabinets. They are made of Zinc Alloy. I've had them for 4-1/2 years and they've held up well, although it's just me in the kitchen so they don't get heavy use. I can't say how they compare to the other brands you've listed, but these were well within my budget.

I still like the style, but if I were choosing now, I'd pick flat black. I have a sample of the brushed satin nickel and it's quite lovely, if that's your thing.

• 7 years ago

I have Top Knobs pulls in flat black. I have had them for 4? years. I use my kitchen heavily and I have had no issues.

• 7 years ago

@ Linelle, why would you replace the antique pewter with flat black? Just curious bc I'm considering antique pewter.

• 7 years ago

I had them for 10 years prior to moving. They held up well.

• 7 years ago

etran, if you're not in a rush, you can order free samples from Top Knobs (just pay shipping) so you can decide if you like them. When I got mine, they were through my KD and they cost considerably less than buying directly from TK.

• 7 years ago

We have had both knobs and cup pulls in ORB from Top Knobs in our kitchen for five years. They are holding up very well.

• 7 years ago

I have "satin nickel" finish Top Knobs pulls in my kitchen. I like them and would buy them again. I purchased mine through a local kitchen and bath company and they gave me a discount on pricing.

• 7 years ago

Just ordered some sample knobs at topknobs' website. Since I ordered 6 different kinds--combo of knobs and pulls they said they'd just waive the restocking fee when I return them. I'm going in between antique pewter and a black finish or oil rubbed bronze. Narrowing it down!

• 7 years ago

They charge $5/pc for each sample, but you cannot return them. The $5 is probably for shipping, etc. In my case I had so many they said they'd waive the fee when I get ready to return them.

• 7 years ago

I like our Top Knobs pulls and knobs, but I will say that a large percentage of them came broken. They were included in the cost of our cabinets and promptly replaced, but they are not top quality IMO.

• 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have a friend with the Top Knob Princetonian pulls, and they have been great for her for several years and she has young boys who are rough in the kitchen. So I am copying her, and getting the Princetonian pulls too. I love that they are offered in several sizes (I will be getting 4 sizes), and I love that these pulls are not so shallow that you can't fit your knuckles in when using them - a pet peeve of mine. I am getting them in brushed satin nickel.

• 7 years ago

sas, that is really surprising. All of mine came in good condition. What do you mean they were "broken"? Like snapped in half? That doesn't even seem possible with my pulls.

I agree with M Miller that the different sizes of the same shape was important to me, as well as the projection so that I could comfortably grip them without getting finger prints all over the cabinets. Top Knobs delivered on both counts.

• 7 years ago

I've had my Top Knob, polished nickel cup pulls and knobs for a year and they're doing fine .

• 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing everyone. I do wish they had more made of brass though. There are no 5" pulls made of brass. In the same collection, a smaller pull would be made from brass, but the 5" one is made of zinc. Makes no sense to me!

• 7 years ago

My cup pulls are zinc and my knobs are brass. You can definitely feel the difference in weight, but they both look beautiful.

• 7 years ago

Still happy with my Top Knobs brass, ORB finish, eleven years later!

-Babka