Software
Houzz Logo Print
milesdog

It's go time & now my husband has an opinion about the kitchen layout

10 years ago

My husband and I have been slowly working on a major house addition and 1st floor remodel over the last 7-8 years. We are to the point of finalizing things and now my husband and I are having "discussions" about our kitchen layout.

We are undertaking this addition in an attempt to:

1: have a nice size working kitchen (instead of our current tiny spec house kitchen),

2: have a mudroom/proper laundry room

3: have a dining room (currently house entrance and dining table are in tight proximity)

In order to accomplish this we are sacrificing the kitchen location near the garage. The majority of the kitchen is going to be in walls of the existing house as we move the kitchen to the location of a current guest bedroom.

This kitchen is massive compared to our current space. I have several requirements: 48 inch dual fuel range, I want a farm house sink with an additional prep sink in the island with seating for 2 people, and a hidden entrance into the pantry (measures 12'6" x 6"). My husband is all of a sudden concerned about the distance in the kitchen between the fridge and the range. The layout I am including is from our custom cabinet maker. Looking for suggestions or new input about the kitchen layout.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner