Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristindvorak2822

Where to end backsplash?!?

Kristin Dvorak
7 years ago
Need help with what to do with backsplash! The backsplash I chose is small white hexagon!

Comments (25)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    7 years ago
    Put a small wine bottle cabinet on the end and take the tile to the end
    Kristin Dvorak thanked Brandi Nash Hicks
  • Jennifer Havin
    7 years ago
    do your uppers have moulding? seems as though that upper should have been wider??? the time should and at counter
    Kristin Dvorak thanked Jennifer Havin
  • Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Yes there will be crown at the top of cabinets. The uppers had to 24 inch because of good. Here is a better picture.
  • Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Because of "hood" the uppers had to be 24 in cabinets and we are land locked between the two door openings. Could we bring the backsplash up the wall to even with hood on both sides?
  • PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    7 years ago
    Sure.
    Kristin Dvorak thanked OasisDesign&Remodeling
  • PRO
    Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
    7 years ago

We would even the backsplash with the hood on both sides.

Kristin Dvorak thanked Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
  • justtoni87
    7 years ago

your kitchen is beautiful!!! I just finished up my new white kitchen. I'd say bring the backsplash to the ends

Kristin Dvorak thanked justtoni87
  • PRO
    All About Interiors LLC
    7 years ago

Bring the backsplash to the end of the wall and up to the hood.

Kristin Dvorak thanked All About Interiors LLC
  • PRO
    The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
    7 years ago

Another option would be to insert a filler on each side of the hood and shift the left/right uppers to align with the outer base sides.

Graham

Kristin Dvorak thanked The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
  • Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I think I will have them take it up to the hood level on both sides. Any one have any examples of this in a similar kitchen layout? This is really the least of my problems at this point as they have set our island 8 inches off making my sink not centered with hood/cooktop! They are fighting me on this because they don't want to move it and I specially did not want an off centered sink in the island! Home building process is so frustrating! They also painted the house the wrong color as they color matched my Benjamin Moore color with a Sherwin Williams color against my wishes... Truth be told you can't match paint EXACTLY! I had a purple house and they had to repaint the whole thing! I could go on and on with problems that may seem minor to them but a HUGE deal to me! Thanks everyone for the help and letting me rant and rave and now I feel better!!!!

• Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Looks beautiful! Love the color of the backsplash! I wish I could have committed to a color like that, but I was too nervous about living with it forever! I really like it though!

• PRO
    Pfuner Design - Miami Interior Designers
    7 years ago

Dear Kristin,

The small white hexagon mosaic tiles are a perfect choice. They will blend in with the kitchen design perfectly! Selecting the same color for the tile is actually a great decision in terms of achieving an elegant look. If you work with a monochromatic scheme, it's important to introduce different textures, shapes, and finishes, which you did. Great work so far!

I attached two options as for our recommendation. But OPTION 1 would be our choice. Bringing up the tiles all the way to the ceiling and wall to door frame will define it as a feature wall. Your stove is the heart of your kitchen/home. In Feng Shui it symbolizes wealth and prosperity.

Just make sure that all exposed edges will be finished with a nice metal trim. Depending on the color of your appliances and counter top, the finish can be white or stainless steel. We recommend white.

For any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us. http://pfunerdesign.com or email: info@pfunerdesign.com

We hope this was helpful.

Happy Friday!

Kristin Dvorak thanked Pfuner Design - Miami Interior Designers
  • PRO
    Pfuner Design - Miami Interior Designers
    7 years ago

Here is an example from our design work that shows a similar situation.

• PRO
    Maison Maya
    7 years ago

I completely agree with Pfuner design... I would tile to the ceiling and create a feature wall.

• thinkdesignlive
    7 years ago
    I would normally like a fully tiled feature wall but this just doesn't have the right architectural conditions when you look what is behind on the left side and it's not balanced on the right. Tile just to the hood on each side and have your counters caulked really well at the sides so you don't have to do any backsplash there.
  • Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Cabinets ended up being set wrong.. So backsplash ended up not being an issue. Here is almost finished (backsplash isn't grouted yet and it will be a light gray grout). I'm pretty happy with results!
  • Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Here is another one.
  • Linda Eastman
    7 years ago

Here's how I ended my tile... stepped it down with a liner to finish the edge. Two different locations in the same kitchen.

• User
    7 years ago

Beautiful!

• Natalie
    7 years ago

Looks Great!

• PRO
    Les Collections Dubreuil
    7 years ago

I Would do till the top of the room. To the left till the end of the wall and right the molding of the door.

• lacyloo16
    4 years ago

I have a very similar open tile line as yours. I noticed you didn’t use a trim piece to end the tile on the open end, this is the same look I want. Wondering how you ended it? Did you seal edge wit caulk or grout and just leave open? I love that seamless look

• Kristin Dvorak
    Original Author
    4 years ago

In my original post they had cabinets laid wrong. This is how it was finished.

• HU-264237114
    2 years ago

What is the name f your counertop?