Software
Houzz Logo Print
becky_campbell180

Entry dilemma

10 years ago
I can't seem to get this right! When I bought this hanging pottery tile piece, I really thought it would pop, make a statement but it hasn't. I don't think it is the piece, I think it is the surroundings.
Suggestions, please.

Comments (17)

  • 10 years ago
    Perhaps artwork is too small for the space...
  • 10 years ago
    Everything is too small. The table is fine, The lamp needs to be taller and Artwork bigger
  • 10 years ago
    I love the artwork, but not in that space. I hope you can use it elsewhere and find a much bigger piece.
  • 10 years ago

    I think the table is too short and the artwork is too small

  • 10 years ago
    Looks like you have a beautiful home. I do agree the artwork is to small. I like the lamp but don't care for the white lampshade, off white would work better but wait until you get new artwork then consider a new lampshade.
  • 10 years ago
    P.S. I would also change out the very short dish for something a little larger but again wait until you get the artwork. I think new artwork will guide you to the other accessories.
  • 10 years ago
    A friend suggested that I off-center the art, which I just did. Does that help?
    Also, I have been thinking about this tall green lamp on the table. Will have to stop at the shop where it is to measure it.
  • 10 years ago

    The tall green lamp would tie into the colors in the wall art.

  • 10 years ago
    Yes, I agree it is about 2 inches too far over. But, it is very heavy and husband insists it has to be anchored into a stud- whatever!
  • 10 years ago
    Can you find a red vase or candle or something for the table, maybe to replace the low bowl?
  • 10 years ago

    You could maybe add a small rectangle chalkboard just below the the great art piece and right welcome on it or add something else in maybe two smaller frames with some fabric that pull from the art piece, just to make the art piece more balanced. The bowl doesn't work in my humble opinion but I think the offset and the green lamp will defiantly help! Looks great though! One more thing is I'm not crazy about the peachy tan color on the wall, I think a soft green or blue would make that art work look even better! Don't tell your husband I said so though!


  • 10 years ago

    I guess I am a little bit the descenting vote....I like your art piece very much but feel that if you just lower it a few inches...maybe 6 inches....put a red runner on your table and a white bowl to match the lampshade, instead of the brass one it would look cheerful and stand out. You could eventually get a black lamp to match the art frame but not necessary when you get more color on your table.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Maybe including an image from our portfolio will be of use to you with designing this table. Note the colors, and symmetry?

    Summerhill Georgian · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    I have heavy pieces hung in my house and not all of them are in studs. As long as you use the correct hangers you can go into drywall. If the hubs insists on keeping it in a stud, I'd suggest a new place for it. It's a really nice piece and it may work with the tall green lamp, but it would need to be moved over to the left a few inches. I think the table size is fine, you just need something taller. Is there any chance of getting another piece but different design?

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Off center but don't align it with the edge of the table or so close to the edge of the wall. Also agree that a more substantial lamp would be better.

    Love your pottery piece for the wall. Very nice.

    Try lowering the piece with the green lamp and don't hang it out to the edge of the table...bring it in 4 or so inches.

  • 8 years ago

    I like it where it is!! Especially if it needs a stud, I get it. Don't get lost in the details, if you love the piece then go with it. Your friends idea was wonderful. I like the green lamp too ;)