Software
Houzz Logo Print
ndyke

Need help with Replacement Sofa

10 years ago

I have tried to sell my sofa since buying it and today I was able to get a buyer . For some odd reason this piece does not look good in my space, and to be honest it's not very comfy. So since I am selling it I would like to replace it with something comfy and suits the pace better, but i am not sure if I should get another sectional or a one piece with chairs. I am not sure if the pics shown are good enough, but it extents to the wall. Can anyone give me suggestions on what color/ direction I should go with a new couch? my fiance likes recliners I haven't seen a cute one yet they all seem so bulky. Also I know the rug doesn't go another rookie mistake on my part. I have already ordered a tv console and will be fixing the cords also.





Comments (14)

  • 10 years ago
    Hi - not a designer, but I think you should go with a sofa and chair. The sectional looks too big for the space. Is that the main entrance that you use everyday? Maybe some of the professionals can help come up with a layout. Also, I think you should consider lowering the tv when your new console arrives.
  • 10 years ago
    yes that is the front door. layout is a bit complicated thank you for your suggestions
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    No to another sectional. Too big and cumbersome.

    After the buyer takes it out, take a picture of the room empty. Post the picture here. Don't start a new dilemma.

  • 10 years ago

    couch and chairs

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Judging by the room, it DOE S look a bit too narrow for this type of sectional. Somebody above mentioned a sofa and chair. I agree with this. A love seat size sofa that runs along the entry opening, makes the room look smaller. To be honest with you, by looking at this sofa, it appears to look quite deep in seating. What do you mean by comfortable? "Comfort" is quite a subjective term when it comes to sofas for sitting. Perhaps this sofa is too deep to sit on with your back upright. This appears to be more of a family room lounging sofa, rather than sitting sofa due to the depth. Do you consider comfort for a sofa "soft" or "firm"? If you are that particular about a sofa, you need to consider a futon which will give you much more options than a sofa does by choosing the style of the frame, the wood finish, the mattress comfort level, the futon cover and optional bottom drawers.

    UrbanFutonBeds.com

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    In addition to this, I noticed that the front door opens smack right into the living room. Perhaps you should think of some decorative folding partition screens to create an entry way or some sort of illusion of a separation between the entry and the living room. Perhaps some designers would like to comment on what you can do to create a division between these two spaces.

    Room Divider Screens

  • 10 years ago
    And a larger rug to fill the space better. Can you use this one elsewhere?
  • 10 years ago

    The sectional looks nice but I agree with the comments that it was way too big for the room.

    Agree that you should consider a sofa and one or two chairs.

  • 10 years ago
    I think it's the material that makes the sofa not comfy. it's very hard to sit on for a few hours at a time. thank you all for the suggestions.
  • 10 years ago
    A sofa and chairs. I got my husband a recliner, it's leather high back. It doesn't look like a recliner at all. Never used it, prefers to lay on the couch. So it's in the den never to be reclined again. The rug might work with a smaller sofa. Now in our vacation home we have a small sectional because it's a small area and can sit more people. Try looking in that direction get measurements and tape it out with painters tape.
  • 9 years ago
    Hi Guys,
    So I forgot to post when the couch was taken. I have something in the space currently, but below are pictures of the area without the sofa. yes, the cords and etc has been removed and tucked away in just need a sofa now. I was looking towards a chocolate color and to be honest because I need to have some sort of partition between the living and dining I am looking about getting a smaller sectional. Any suggestions would help. thanks in advance!
  • 9 years ago
    auntthelma I love your sofa, and those recliners are gorgeous thank you so much for the suggestions.
  • 9 years ago

    do a sofa with a chaise and a chair.

    overstock has some good $$ and selection to look at.

    Natalee thanked RL Relocation LLC