Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txjay

Whitehaus Fireclay Sink

Txjay J
11 years ago
I loved my single bowl fireclay sink, so much so that I purchashed a second sink grid; thinking the sink would outlast the sink grid. The sink went "live" Thankskgiving 2011, did I mention I loved my sink.
One month ago (14 months from installlation) I noticed a crack at the top mid-right and followed the crack to the current termination point veritcallly through the sink and extending south east (away from the disposal).
We had a kitchen designer, I purchased the sink from local company, built a platmorm to support the weitght - basically everything Whithaus advised.
Fourteeen months later, the only comment from Whitehaus is "read the warranty." Fireclay sinks are warrantied for 12 months, where it is the Whitehaus, Porcher, Shaw or Hebrea - althought their customer service, I can not speak to.
$932 for a fireclay sink that must be replaced. I thought all my bases were covered, except the unknown of Whitehaus customer service.
Many people install fireclay sinks and they last forever; ours did not. We are a couple of 1.5 - no kids and a mw with more use than any other appliance.
Moral of this story is, win some lose some. But I will never buy nor recommend Whitehaus to anyone, ever.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions