Software
Houzz Logo Print
sharybee

What to do with this unevenness

10 years ago

So I am building a new perimeter iron rod stone pillar fence. Obviously I didn't think it through when we decided that the new perimeter fence will be 6ft while the current is at 5ft. The whole perimeter fence is being rebuild but we're still keeping the front gate and it's side facade in tact which is what you see on the left side (pic 2) of the new 6ft pillars. Its looking a little weird now that the new pillar is up.


There are two options I can think of to fix this problem, 1) to build up the current wall up to 6ft to match the new pillars or 2) to fix the iron rods to make up the additional 6ft.

If I go with option 1 another problem arise which is I won't be able to get the same marble tiles on the current wall as that was done 40 years ago. So what do I use on the surface then.


The dilemma..... help...


Pic 1: Before the new pillars


Pic 2: After new pillars



Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations