Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flysonic

Master bathroom reveal

flysonic
7 years ago

It has been a while since the bathroom was finished. It makes me smile every morning walking into the bathroom taking a shower. Here are the before pictures. The original bathroom has a giant tub that was never used, and a shower stall that was so difficult to keep clean.

Well, giant tub went bye bye. Hello doorless curbless walk in shower

Custom made amish cabinets with white macaubus countertop. Two Robern medicine cabinets were recessed into the wall that flank a fixed mirror panel, making it look like one large mirror.

Comments (29)

• flysonic
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Love those drawer dividers.

The original shower stall was replaced by this tall stack of cabinets for added storage.

This recessed table comes out with a gentle push. A handy place to put my clothes when taking a shower.

The bottom drawer is for laundry baskets

Opposite to the tall cabinet is this recessed full length mirror cabinets.

Door open to reveal storage for an ironing board.

• mike0814
    7 years ago

Very quality well thought out job ... really nice!!

• flyingkite2015
    7 years ago

Congratulations, well done!

• badgergal
    7 years ago

What a fantastic bathroom now. Love everything about it. Not sure if you designed it yourself or had someone do it for you but either they did a great job. Your Amish cabinets are beautiful. I used Amish cabinet makers for my kitchen remodel and was so pleased with my cabinets. I bet you are pleased with yours too. They have so many nice features.

• Lamps Next
    7 years ago

Nice work out, a great bathroom to enjoy every day.

• User
    7 years ago

WOW!!!!!! That glass tile in your shower stopped me in my tracks (usually I just keep scrolling) and I LOVE the vanity and matching cabinet. WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

• YMM
    7 years ago

That bathroom is so beautiful and well thought out. Good job!

• bossyvossy
    7 years ago

very thoughtful redo. love the double niches, would like to know what the little niche at the bottom does.

• kats737
    7 years ago

Congratulations on a job well done.

• hcbm
    7 years ago

Amazing attention to detail. Love everything. I might try and make an ironing cabinet myself. It's such a cleaver idea.

If you are in Pa. would you be able to share your Amish carpenter information? I am looking for a skilled cabinet maker somewhere in or near Lancaster Pa. or NYC. I am more than willing to drive a distance to someone talented.

• Nothing Left to Say
    7 years ago

Lovely! Thank you for sharing!

• vpierce
    7 years ago

I love that the shower wall looks like a face....

• artemis_ma
    7 years ago

I love what you've done with this space! The storage ideas are great, and the colors compliment well! I'd happily spend time here.

• flysonic
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@hmorton - I am in Houston, TX. The cabinets are from Amish Cabinets of Texas. They are basically a reseller of amish cabinets. They took my order and sent it to the amish carpenters in IN for manufacturing. Then they brought the cabinets in and installed them for me. Yes they did great work. You can see the kitchen cabinets they did for me at this link. (Yes, I designed those cabinets too): [Amish cabinets in my kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/kitchen-contemporary-kitchen-houston-phvw-vp~13081014)

• Katrina Tate
    7 years ago

Such a fantastic use of space. I love everything about it!

• Katrina Tate
    7 years ago

flysonic I am in love with your kitchen too! Fantastic job. Where did you find your kitchen cabinet pulls and knobs? http://www.houzz.com/projects/572405/kitchen

• hcbm
    7 years ago

flysonic, thank you for the information. Love your kitchen and again your attention to detail is amazing. You seem to be the master at planning for life's little daily annoyances and creating beautiful solutions.

flysonic thanked hcbm
  • cpartist
    7 years ago

Fabulous job. So well thought out.

• flysonic
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@Katrian - the knobs in my kitchen are from Topknob TK32. The bars are from Lew's hardware the bar series.

• Katrina Tate
    7 years ago

Thank you! flysonic I thought the bars were Emtek Freestone.

• flysonic
    Original Author
    7 years ago

you are welcome Katrina! I have looked at the hardwares from Emtek. But many of them are "hollow". I wanted something with a heavier solid feel. I had ordered so many different brands to get a feel in my hands, and ended up returning most of them. Lew's hardware was one of the few that met my feel test, and also came in a variety of lengths, which I needed for my kitchen.

• Katrina Tate
    7 years ago

flysonic I need to order samples for testing. I'd hate to drill all the cabinets and have to change out the handles.

• cassiesmom
    7 years ago

Just amazing!. can you tell me what shower head, hand held system you used.. Love it.

• Katrina Tate
    7 years ago

flysonic I understand what you mean about the Lews. I saw them today and they are hefty, solid brass.

• juddgirl2
    7 years ago

Beautiful! I love the vanity and the built ins!

• flysonic
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The shower system is a combination of several brands. I mixed and matched to get the function and look that I want. Grohe retrofit shower system in chrome 2786800 is the vertical bar system, the rain shower head is hansgrohe 27476001, the handheld shower head is hansgrohe 4" raindance 28504001, and the control is Brizo oden shower faucet T60075-PC.

katrina - I am glad you get a chance to feel the actual pull in your hand before committing to any one. I remember reading somewhere that those hollow kinds are more prone to get dents. Not to mention that they feel cheap in your hand.

• teddymac
    5 years ago
    Hi. I just came across your beautiful bathroom. Nice work! We are remodeling our bathroom and have to place the shower where a large window is. Do you have issues with visibility through your shower window after dark?
  • Jo
    5 years ago
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.