Software
Houzz Logo Print
fancyface13

Island question

10 years ago
I'm in midst of designing dream modern farmhouse home and desire a 5'x8' soapstone surface on island. I'm finding that slabs don't generally run that large unless I have oodles of money to locate and ship. Regardless, I've come up with a very unique idea that despite cost saving, I'd prefer but cannot seem to find a single photo to support my wish, which is to reduce soapstone slab to 5'x6' with remaining 5'x2' being a butcher block wood that runs flush in thickness.

I would love to have that wood portion for dicing and cutting on my center island as opposed to pulling out a wood slab and placing atop the soapstone for reasons needed. Yes, I could also butcher board another area, however, I'd love to have on island and would find this attractive, unique, and extremely useful. Any photos showing what I so desire?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County