Software
Houzz Logo Print
amy_cody63

Baby Grand Piano -help me make my living room sing!

10 years ago

My front formal living room is a challenge. Its a 14x14 room with vaulted ceilings and one entrance. I have a 5 foot baby grand and a large 90 inch couch. (Optional furniture- Oversize chair and an light weight occasional chair). I also would like a small credenza to store sheet music. I have moved this piano to every corner of the room, trying to make this room beautiful. I think I've settled on the piano by the window, and the couch along the largest wall, opposite the window and piano. I borrowed my office rug to see if that would work, and to check size. (this is an 8x10, is that the size needed here?)

Please comment on:

1) furniture placement

2) area rug (Yes/no, size?)

3) Oversized chair (keep or get new?)

4) Window treatments? (currently have a blind that I never put down, I like the sunlight and don't need privacy here)

  1. How to work with the long narrow window