Software
Houzz Logo Print
rinam77

Need help with countertop.

13 years ago
Attached is a photo of our kitchen. I Would love some advice on what to do as for countertop. White subway tiles as backsplash. I love the eclectic look. I'm getting so many different opinions from family that I'm completely confused. Please help :)

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I love it! I would recommend darker countertops for contrast. Have you considered either soapstone or Absolute Black granite? I can't wait to see what you choose! Here are my white cabinets with Absolute Black:
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks! :) I was actually considering white( white marble look) but everyone tells me to go with dark so I don't know anymore. You think it would look better with the black? I love your kitchen!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks! I love all-white kitchens, too! We were very close to doing Carrera marble but I chickened out because I was afraid we would ruin it.

    We have a black island with a lighter stone called White Fantasy quartzite...it's in between marble and granite on cost and durability.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here are some examples of different countertop choices. http://www.sweetremodel.com/top-kitchen-countertops-at-a-glance/ . If you like eclectic you could go with something like stainless steel, but cost and practicality might steer you away from that.
    Personally I love quartz. You could go with something really fun in this kitchen like blue! Here are some ideas in Cambria.
  • 13 years ago
    A white marble look would be stylistically spot-on for your kitchen. It gets my vote.
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful kitchen! We're in the process of building a white kitchen with white subway backsplash, and we're choosing a white granite (blanking on the name) that looks like Carrara marble. I think it's such a clean look!
  • 13 years ago
    Honed Absolute Black, Brazilian Soapstone or Pietra Cordoza would be beautiful. Marble is gorgeous, but tough in a kitchen unless you don't mind the staining and inevitable wear and tear.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great choice, rinam77! We just got the Frosty Carinna samples a few weeks ago, and it is stunning! Can't wait to see photos :)
  • 13 years ago
    It was between the frosty carinna and the white macubas that I love as well but I wanted something a little whiter . i found the white macaubas a little greenish and rusty . I still think its a beautiful stone thou !!
  • 13 years ago
    Rinam77, is the frosty Carrara very white, or does it have beige and grey in it? Does it really look like marble? Thanks, trying to decide for my white kitchen also.
  • 13 years ago
    the frosty carinna is not pure white it's more of a very light ivory with some very subdle brownish/gray veining . It does look like murble , more than all the other quartzes I've seen . It's not pure white but still light enogh for the look I wanted. :) here is a picture of the frosty carinna.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here is another photo of the Frosty Carrina online: http://www.caesarstoneus.com/products/color/5141/
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I really love what you've chosen for your kitchen so far. I agree with adding some darker color with your countertop, especially since you're installing white subway tile for the backsplash and already have the white cabinetry installed. I think our granite countertops would be a good choice, and I like our Terra Di Siena for your kitchen. It has some white in the stone, but some tan and black as well. You can see it here for yourself- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/granite-countertops/colors/
  • 13 years ago
    Finally moved into the house and finished our kitchen . LOVE my kitchen and i love my frosty carina countertop!! here are some pictures of it today.
  • 13 years ago
    Dark chocolate, quartz. This warm and dark. Very good for white kitchen.
  • 13 years ago
    Warm and inviting! Love the detail accents and the wooden workbench,too - did you make it? Congrats!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! Yes I did
    Out of gas pipes and old wood that I distressed and stained.
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful! Seeing the in progress pictures and the finished kitchen, I would never have thought it would look that nice. I think I wouls stain the floors even darker and add a satin urethane so it would be easy to keep clean. I love the table.