Software
Houzz Logo Print
kentucky_rose

PJPII on Sunday morning

I thought PJPII looked extra pretty this Sunday morning.

And

Comments (17)

  • 10 years ago

    Yes he does! Just beautiful!!

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked Prettypetals_GA_7-8
  • 10 years ago

    PJPII is beautiful, love it! Mine has barely bloomed this year, but is getting ready to. Yours is gorgeous!

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked Sara-Ann Z6B OK
  • kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
  • 10 years ago

    Lovely bloom.

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked Ingrida
  • 10 years ago

    Very nice. I've been thinking about PJPII a bit lately. Fragrancenutter's photo of her cut arrangement started it. It looks like I may never find the 2 roses I'm looking for so maybe PJPII is a possibility. I'm a little worried about the thrips ruining the blooms though. Any problems?

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked Lisa Adams
  • 10 years ago

    Looks like it's lit up from within or like it's reflecting the morning sun. The shape of the blooms is perfection especially the rose in the top right corner on the 2nd picture!!! WOW!!!

    Love, love them!!

    Carol

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked rosecanadian
  • 10 years ago

    Thanks everyone. Lisa, yes the thrips like it and I have to spray. I am still spraying some for the thrips. Here is a picture of The Lady Gardener with more mature thrips, dark brown, more in center area of rose.

  • 10 years ago

    It's still gorgeous!! Come on!!! That's wonderful!! Have you tried the yellow/blue cups?? They really work well!!

    Carol

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked rosecanadian
  • 10 years ago

    Your Pope JPII is gorgeous. So is 'The Lady Gardener'. If it cools off 5 degrees before dark I'll check my yellow cups to see if anything caught looks similar.

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Carol and Iris, thanks, and I use the blue cups, too.

  • 10 years ago

    Wow! Beautiful! I'm going to have to try the blue cups...

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked bethnorcal9
  • 10 years ago

    My yellow ones work too.


    Carol

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked rosecanadian
  • 10 years ago

    Kentucky, beautiful clean blooms! What do you spray on roses for thrips plz?

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked katalea12
  • 10 years ago

    You can use any type of oil you want. I brush on canola oil. The difference in the blooms is incredible - no more brown on the roses.

    Carol

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked rosecanadian
  • 10 years ago

    Thank you ladies! How about chilli thrips? Will take care of them too?

    kentucky_rose zone 6 thanked katalea12
  • 10 years ago

    Katalea, I can't comment on chilli thrips. The blue cups did catch thrips, as you can see from the picture. It was shocking to see so many thrips on the cups and still have thrips ruining my blooms. I spray with Orthene or Merit. The month of June I will spray every 3-5 days the tops (buds). Spidermites can become a problem with all the insecticide usage...a balancing act. Next year I plan on using the cups sooner.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz