0

Random #5

October 13, 2016

Comments (12K)

• glschisler
    We also discussed stuff we want to movie to AL from MO. A touchy topic sometimes. I want very little, he wants a lot :/
  • margievank

I have the same problem Linda;(... I like to move light.

• Jenn Dinosaur-Mom

Having to pare everything down for our cross country move was hard, and I NEVER plan to move again - the mister already knows we're going to die in this house before I undertake another move even if it were one to a house across the dang town. ;) The mister thinks that having to look at houses and send ENDLESS pictures of the same rooms in different lights at different times of day was hard, but as far as I'm concerned he got the easy stuff while I was the one packing, sorting, discarding and worrying about whether or not we'd need any of the dozens of cart-loads worth of stuff that I wheeled out to the concrete platform next to the dumpsters where everyone basically left anything that other people could take and wasn't trash. I also had the joyful experience of hiding any signs of human life in case there were people coming to see our place - towels we used to shower, our electric toothbrushes, etc...all of that had to go into the closet each day just in case. That's why it pissed me off to no end when the same people arranged and canceled a showing FIVE TIMES and then just showed up on the same day the realtor, myself and the buyer were signing papers. I had to run out the door with the dog and sit in my car while people came to see the house, when the appraiser came, and nobody could be there when the stager set up everything or when she returned to remove it all - something about insurance reasons but having to cart my dog out with me the day we went and put the things we'd needed until the last day into a second pod (the first one was...full, and surprise to us we needed a second one to ensure our furniture made the journey without damage and to put the tvs, my computer and anything that wasn't the dog or in a suitcase...) Driving on the 110fwy in Downtown-ish LA during lunchtime traffic with a dog in my lap and 90+ degree temperatures was not an experience I'm eager to repeat. I've tried putting one of those seatbelt attachments for dogs on her, but she just finds her way onto my lap WITH the seatbelt extended as far as it goes so she can sit where she wants with her head out the window and bounce on the horn when we stop at traffic lights. She hates toys that squeak but the car horn she finds entertaining! Lol

• marrymaid
    Well, nice to have some Bull in the house. You will indeed have quite the collection. Don’t forget Wilber in the kitchen. Funny, as I was thinking last night that a horse or cow picture might look good.

Our painters are here and so far we are impressed. Fixing all the imperfections on all of the wall that have been there since we moved in. Lol. Painting begins tomorrow and I changed the color for the bedroom.

Sun shining today and tomorrow with a high of 55. Snow and cold return on Thursday.

Time for a glass of wine and to put a freshly made pizza in the oven.
  • margievank

Good news marrymaid;) What color did you change the bedroom to?

• Depo
    Margo, Michael Weatherly was on NCIS. Bull is about a jury selection expert. In my mind, it's pretty far fetched. Supposedly it's based on Dr. Phil's stint as a jury consultant.
  • glschisler
    OH has served a few times on those test juries. It is always interesting to listen to his experience afterwards. That is how the lawyer determines how to handle the case.
  • glschisler
    Jenn, you are so correct. You had the hard part of the move. My sister is planning to list the house on Friday. I have woken up at 4 a.m. every morning packing the patio home again. I am making myself exhausted just thinking about packing. :/
  • glschisler
    Marrymaid , that is so exciting that the painter starts today. :) How many rooms will they do?
  • marrymaid
    Good Morning. Painters are here and moving right along. Sanding the prep work from yesterday and then will paint the master bedroom and bathroom ceilings. Everything is covered with plastic and taped and I am excited to have two fresh rooms by tonight. They will do the other ceilings and trim tomorrow and hoping to finish Friday. It is taking a little longer as they are so thorough and conscientious, a pleasant surprise and a good things in our eyes. I changed the bedroom color to Sensible Hue, in the gray family with just enough blue to look nice with the carpet and bedding. The bath is Antler Velvet.
    Linda, we are doing 4 ceilings and the master bed and bath plus all of the trim/doors. He is giving us a bid for the remaining first floor. Once OH sees the results, I think he will be on board sooner that later.
  • glschisler
    Oh Marrymaid, that is wonderful. I love it when rooms are freshly painted. It is better then having to move. :))
  • margievank

I hope we can see some pics marrymaid when the painting is done;)

• Jenn Dinosaur-Mom

@glschisler

Definitely the hardest stuff in a move, also had work because, need income to pay for things and time to arrange for my few cases that I wouldn't be able to conclude before our move to transition over to another qualified attorney that I felt confident in handing those cases off to.

And my parents were with the mister when he was going around with the realtor out here, to look at places and for my mom to take 'backup pictures' in great abundance in case the mister forgot to get all views/angles/times of day. ;) For my part, I was on my own!

He's lucky to be capable in a variety of things I find useful enough to keep him around. ;)

• glschisler
    Lol Jenn:)
  • Jenn Dinosaur-Mom

I need to find a way to turn that sentiment into a Valentine's Day thing to give him. "Though you may never photograph stuff the way I want and have damaged my delicates in the wash/dry, I've decided to keep you around - at least as long as you continue being useful, that is."

Right now there is SO MUCH GLITTER all over, the kiddos are working on their Valentine's to pass out to their classmates tomorrow. Glitter. Everywhere. I know that tomorrow I'll wake up with glitter on the sheets and pillows, glitter in places of my body that had long sleeves and full length pants covering them, glitter footprints from all our shoes...Will there ever be enough vacuuming to get all of this glitter gone?!

No! Because glitter has mutant properties that prevent people from ever being fully rid of it, from the second the container cap is unsealed.

• Depo
    How true about the glitter, Jenn! I feel your pain. I’m still vacuuming it up from Christmas 2017!!! And now I have little styrofoam beads, from packing material, that are multiplying. All on top of the never ending dog hair, lol!
  • Jenn Dinosaur-Mom

I could probably knit a sweater for Molly if I collected all of her shedding from various hard to get spots around the house (and the mega-load that collects on those micro-fleece blankets thanks to static electricity and her being a prolific shedder.), just gotta weave it into yarn and start knitting. The dryer vent filter is always covered in mostly her fur and very little actual lint from anything...my hair sheds during washing it so it can block the drain pretty quickly if I forget to unscrew the pop-up thing and clear things out. The curse of long hair. :P

• glschisler
    Jenn, glitter makes your life sparkle with love !!! :))
  • marrymaid
    Hi all. The guys just went to lunch after putting the room back together so wanted to give you a preview. The color is much better in person (stone blue) as it is more the color of the coverlet and stripe in the duvet but looks grey/green in the photo. Still need to get accessories up to date so a work in progress. The chair has the pillow colors in a small multi plaid.
    Hope everyone is having a nice Valentines Day. My gift is on the walls in the bedroom and bath. Lol
    They are finishing the bathroom now.
  • marrymaid
    Sorry, forgot one.
  • marrymaid
    Click on photo as it will show a different and correct photo. Yep, update Houzz issues.
  • marrymaid
    OMG......as now posted the right one.
  • Depo
    It looks great, MM! I really like the new color!
  • tgb1
    Really pretty color marrymaid!!
  • glschisler
    Ooooooo! Nice!
  • glschisler
    Margo, he is just not pretty to look at :))))
  • Ann

Marrymaid, that is a really great color! Gorgeous!

• margievank

marrymaid- your new color is very cool! How does your husband like it?

• margievank

LOL Linda.

• marrymaid
    Thanks everyone, we are very happy. I am just a boring and old traditional person but wouldn’t mind changing the two floral pillows for one long lumbar. The chair needs to stay as not buying anything new so will try to use the raspberry/taupe/sage for accent with some minimal art.
    Margo, OH keeps walking into the room and saying how good it looks, so guess he likes it. Lol. He is just trying to keep any purchases at a minimum as we will be downsizing and already have so much to get rid of. I am ok with that so will be adding things like art and pillows.
    Did you get your new chair delivered?
  • margievank

Funny, you should ask marrymaid. Here is my accent chair for the bedroom. I like how the diamonds mirror the bedding;)

• margievank

Today my Bull arrives ;)

• Ann

Oh, I must not have been reading carefully. Margo, I remember about the new chair in the sunroom, but didn't know about a new one in the bedroom. Nice!

• marrymaid
    Margo, the chair looks great. Now for the “Bull” in the house.
  • margievank

I found this pic in the basement and gave it a try.

• margievank

LOL- maybe with the Bull and feather, I should get a picture of Cochise;) I will be Tribal Farmhouse ;)

• glschisler
    Lol Margo. I like your chair too. Marrymaid, I usually have luck with pillows at Home Goods & Kohl’s.
  • Ann

Interesting pic you found in the basement, Margo. I actually love it there (color, size, and the way it complements the chair). But, I think the bunny pillow needs to go if it stays (and maybe a solid pillow replace the bunny pillow). Earlier, I was thinking how cool the bunny pillow looked, but that was before this art. I actually think the basement art and bull will be nice, so I think I'd move the cute bunnies elsewhere and keep the basement art.

• ladma
    Nice chair! I like the basement art, too. I don’t have anything worth salvaging from my basement. Your bedroom came out lovely!
  • Ann

Looking back at the previous art you had there, I like this feather art much better in that spot. The previous art looked a little heavy in comparison and I think the feather is nicer with the chair fabric.

• margievank

OK Ann, the bunnies shall hop on to another location;)

I bought that feather pic a long while back just because I liked it, lol, then I got it home and brought it down the basement. Funny.

• margievank

I have been having more fun with this bull.

I hung him over the fireplace. Then on the dining wall, and now he is waiting to be hung in the bedroom. I need to wait for my husband to get off work. Here he is roaming about the house lol lol

• Ann

He'll be watching over you as you sleep! Speaking of sleep, I had a rare great night's sleep last night. I simply love it when that happens!

• glschisler

I like how Bull has several locations to live if he gets bored. :))

• marrymaid
    How would the bunnies look with Wilber? You could actually have bull all over the house. Isn’t it nice to have a picture that you can use in several places?!
  • margievank

He is home on the range;)

• Ann

Looks nice!

• glschisler
    Yay! Looks good, home on the range....