Software
Houzz Logo Print
farmhouseawesome

Hydrangea question

13 years ago
I just moved to the area and am wondering if I need to deer proof the hydrangeas I've planted from my previous home. We have a dog but no fencing.
Lush Plantings · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The Oak Leaf Hydrangea pictured here seem to not be a favorite of deer. However, other hydrangeas do get eaten regularly. I would be spray to be certain. You can drop a bar of irish spring soap in a 5 gal bucket of water and let it sit for a few days....the water can then be used as a spray and will keep the deer away. Deer are sensitive to smell and taste....aromatic smell from Irish Spring and soapy taste are deterents.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks so much for the quick response and solution. Your work is beautiful.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks kindly for your thoughts and comments. Lots of passion to create beautiful spaces for our clients. Thrilled you like it. We will be posting lots more, been crazy so in need up updating.
  • 9 years ago
    oak leaf hydrangeas is that just one or are there more than one it looks so large