FIND PROFESSIONALS
weshipfloors

Adura Max vs. COREtec

WeShipFloors

I just spent a few days at the Mannington Adura manufacturing facility 50 miles east of Atlanta Georgia. As I have stated previously, I feel the Adura Max product is superior when compared head to head with other products, including COREtec. After seeing their data, I am more certain of it than ever. Below is what I learned on my trip:

Scratch Resistance:
Adura Max product has an aluminum oxide finish. They are the only company out there who can have this finish on EVP because they hold the patient on the process. When you're talking scratch resistance, Adura Max is going to win hands down compared to any other product on the market - including Coretec. Rating scratch resistance on a scale of 1 to 10, Adura Max comes in at a 9 where standard UV cured urethane (COREtec) comes in at a 4 or below.

Core:
Adura Max HydroLoc core is a higher density core than others on the market. This mean it is less susceptible to dings and dents.

Locking System:
Adura Max premium locking system is waterproof just like the flooring itself. So when things spill, the moisture will not wick down to your sub-floor.

Sound:
Adura Max has a premium ultraquiet closed cell polyethylene attached pad which gives it a IIC Sound rating of 72, where the cork back has a IIC rating of 65. This is critical in multi-tenant applications where sound abatement is critical.

Pricing:
Even with all the solid advantages of the Adura Max listed above, we can sell it to you at the same price of Coretec.

I strive to provide our customers with the very best flooring product available at the very best price possible. Again, I am highly impressed by the Mannington Adura Max product. There isn't anything else on the market that holds a candle to it in my opinion.

Alan Ward
CEO
WeShipFloors.com

Comments (3.6K)

WeShipFloors

We are now offering special financing on SUPERcore at WeShipFloors.com

Alan

• CC Cole

Question - when I called Mannington, they recommended Adura Rigid VS Max for our beach house because the house will be winterized, and also we get a lot of sun (lots of windows) in the rooms at the back of the house. I got a sample of the Rigid, and it is very rough underfoot - I was hoping for a smoother floor. Thoughts?

COREtec Plus Flooring

Regarding the above video, those floors are not apples to apples. The COREtec product has a WPC and the other one a SPC. COREtec also sells LVP with a SPC in their PRO line. That would be more of an apple to apples comparison. I'm not saying that the non-COREtec floor is a bad floor, just that it is not a good comparison. SPC floors are known to be more durable regardless of the brand. WPC floors are purchased by those who want a floor that is softer and warmer underfoot with more sound dampening.

Interested in Mannington Adura Max vinyl flooring but need advice.

Recently had Adura Max Meridian Stucco installed and it looked "wrong". Contacted Mannington within days of install and submitted a claim because the floor looks like it is damaged with abrasive marks and a dirty look that is extremely diffficult to clean. At first it sounded like Mannington was not going to approve the claim, but, I am happy to report that they have. Replacement process is not complete, but I will report back. Have chosen Seaside Wharf from the "Distinctive" line. Retailer spoke with us about the delivery delays with products made in China and the difficulty in getting Mannington products in a timely manner, if at all. Apparently, the flooring is now made in USA. The last two most recent comments have definitely made me concerned and hesitant to move forward with replacement. Mannington did also offer a settlement of a set monetary amount, but that option would leave me still paying for installation unless the floor I choose is within a certain price range. Great relay of information dating back three years. Tough decision.

LVP recommendations for California home

Years ago my daughter did both floors in her cottage, including bathrooms and kitchen, closets…everything, in a product called earthworks. It was a glue down. The “planks” were flexible and came in various widths. She rents her house out in the summer. It is on the beach, so there is a lot of sand and wet towels involved. It has been so over the top terrific. I can’t say enough about it. When guests come into her house they always think it is hardwood, and some have bent down to feel it, just to prove us wrong. Take a look. You will not be sorry and neither will your bank account. https://www.truehardwoods.com/product-category/lvt-and-lvp/earthwerks/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9PL27qir5gIVBJSzCh1cIQeZEAAYASAAEgKnvvD_BwE

Help!!! Adura Swiss Nougat or Adura Almond Luxery Vinyl?

It definitely is beautiful and feels like real wood! this doesnt have a shinny gloss or feels so smooth like most vinyls do, it does have a wood feel. I ordered the Max so its made of WPC which adds more warmth to the feet… you wont regret it if you decide to go with this line of vinyl. it installs fairly easy and has a nice click to it. will add more images once it gets installed next week
  • James Cronk

@CC Cole If by winterized you mean the floor will be subjected to very cold temperatures, the recommendation for Adura Rigid vs Adura Max is spot on. The Max has a WPC and is subjected to the same expansion and contraction as real wood floors, whereas the Adura Rigid has a SPC, which is more stable and wouldn't have those same issues (the S in SPC stands for stone, and the W in WPC stands for wood). I don't know about SPC being rougher, but it is harder and more durable than a WPC LVP. If you don't like the feel of Adura Rigid there are countless other LVP options with a SPC. I hope this helps!

• CC Cole

Thank you Brian for responding! I also was looking at Shaw Prodigy HDR Plus. It's pretty overwhelming - I go online and see reviews about all the different products (Cortec, Provenza, Shaw, etc.) and when I see consumer complaints - I freeze up about making decision. This is a beach house, so I feel like LVP would be the best choice. My Aunt used Armstrong and it still looks great years later, but I was hoping to go with a company that uses virgin vinyl VS recycled because of the off-gassing. Right now I am leaning toward the Adura Rigid though!

• Carla NN

What is the difference between Adura Max and SuperCore? We are doing a whole house reno of a 4400 sq foot house and will be flooring a lot of it with one of these. We have a lot of morning sun. House is on a lake with a sandy beach. It's a 1.5 million dollar property so the floors need to be high quality. Thoughts?

• realestateproject27

Carla NN

Adura Max is a WPC (wood plastic composite) and Supercore is a SPC (stone plastic composite)

Supercore will be tremendously more dent resistant than any WPC. Mannington does make an SPC product known as their Rigid line. They have 12 mil wear layers while Supercore has 30 mil commercial wear layers. Another high end difference is the Adura Rigid is 4' long planks, and the Supercore has a majority of 5' lengths and they also offer the top 20 colors in a 9" wide x 6' long plank (thick 8mm core) - they have a great sales team, and offer free project design consulting to help with the details. I work with Zoe (zoe@weshipfloors.com) all the time - she shares her email on this thread, you should reach out to her to get started.

WeShipFloors

Carla NN,

Thank you for considering our SUPERcore products. We strive to offer the very best waterproof flooring on the market today.

Alan Ward

CEO

• James Cronk

Mannington Adura Rigid has a 20 mil wear layer, not 12 mil. 20 mil is more than adequate for a residential setting. 30 mil is much more common in commercial settings.

• realestateproject27

Adura Rigid has 12mil wear layers on current models - haven't see data showing otherwise

• James Cronk

All I know is my Adura Representative tells me all Rigid is 20 mil, and the documentation I see on it says 20 mil, but I could certainly be wrong.

• Chessie

Adura Max is 20mil. Adura Rigid is 12. Mannington clearly has a problem with the information shown on their website.

• James Cronk

• Chessie

I just pulled this from this site. Like I said, they clearly have a problem with the information on their website.

https://www.mannington.com/-/media/F02EC335F3414470B6AB6CEEA628DC10.ashx

• James Cronk

Chessie, your information is dated

• James Cronk

They updated all of their rigid offerings to 20 mil in 2020

• James Cronk

If that is from their website then yes they need to update their website

• Chessie

Of course it is from their website - you can see it in the link I posted.

• seekingflooring

I am even more impressed that Supercore has 30mil commercial wear layer options at residential pricing! The recent addition of the Supercore XLT models are also amazing, they are huge 9" wide x 6' long planks. (and thickness of 8mm) Great job Alan!

• James Cronk

Hi Chessie, my apologies to you. I didn't intend to suggest that your link wasn't valid, or what you were saying wasn't true, just that at that moment I wasn't able to personally verify it was from their website due to a time constraint. It is most certainly from their website and I'm sure what you say can be trusted. Please accept my apology.

• Chessie

No problem! Thank you for clarifying., :-)

WeShipFloors

We have over 2 million square feet of SUPERcore in inventory right now, with another 500k square feet delivering in the next 30 days. Many name brands are out of stock until after the first of the year. We have a better product. We'd appreciate you considering our flooring.

Alan Ward

CEO

• Mary Elizabeth

We have NO relationship with WeShipFloors, other than being a customer. Have had about 750 sq ft of their Supercore Xtreme in the Asheville for about 8 months now. We're still working on trim, and other finishing, so tools are everywhere. SO easy to clean - hasn't scratched or dented anywhere! Wish this was in our entire house!

One note - the Asheville color is much warmer and realistic than it appears on the website. So be sure to get lots of color samples!

WeShipFloors

We now have 15 of colors available in 8mm thickness. There are over 100 total SUPERcore offerings now to choose from. We have also recently changed our pricing structure. Check out our new lower prices.

Alan

WeShipFloors

Check out the new room visualizer we have on the SUPERCore pages. You can take a photo of your room, load it up into the website and see what each of our SUPERcore floors will look like in your room. It's super cool!

Alan

• Jamie Pace

I am finally posting photos of my beautiful SuperCore Elkhorn floors in my Granny Flat. I absolutely love them. They are so easy to keep up with a quick vacuuming and a microfiber mop with Bona for tile and hard surface flooring.

• gotoran

Who stole the stove??

• seekingflooring

Jamie Pace

Your Supercore Elkhorn flooring looks amazing! I love how you have your "woman cave" designed. It is so cool how the variations in the planks really come together as you see a bigger area. How would you compare it to the other Supercore color you had? I believe I saw a post of your previous project. Anyway, thank you for sharing!

• Jamie Pace

Gotoran, I opted not to have a conventional stove. I have a Breville countertop oven that bakes, broils, warms, air fries and dehydrates, and I have two countertop induction units that only heat the cooking utensil thereby not heating up the kitchen like an electric or gas range would. I have more drawer space as a result. I’m very happy with that decision.

• Jamie Pace

Seekingflooring, yes, I had Krypton installed in my previous home after I moved out and just before it was sold. I never ”lived” with the Krypton, but I did notice that it didn’t show footprints after being shown. When it sold, I did a quick vacuum and then damp mopped it with the Bona product for tile and laminate flooring. My realtor said the floors definitely helped sell the house.

As much as I liked the Krypton, I wanted something a little different for Granny Flat. Elkhorn is perfect with my furnishings. It has so much character, depth and dimension. I am extremly happy with my floors. I have a very energetic cat that likes to run and play with her toys. I have seen no scratches from her claws and no scratches from moving furniture, but I do have felt pads on every piece of furniture and really recommend that.

I’m so happy I found SuperCore almost 4 years ago when searching for something to replace carpet. Barbara and Zoe at WeShipFloors.com were so helpful with sending samples and answering my many questions.

Here are photos of the Bona product I use.

WeShipFloors

We have some exciting new offerings being produced right now. Stay tuned.

Alan

• JJ Mekai

@rae110, what flooring did you go with? Wondering because I have a very sensitive son.

• Mary Elizabeth

We also have a SuperCore floor. I am extremely sensitive to chemicals & odors, and AVOID most commercial cleaners. We use a small amount of Mr. Clean (Summer Citrus) in water. Cleans the floor great, no spots at all, and the smell is gone as soon as it's dry.

• niirvi

Should be ordering some flooring in the next coming weeks - really regret not having that valid 35% off coupon from the samples I ordered a few months ago! haha

• gotoran

"We have some exciting new offerings being produced right now. Stay tuned." - Alan

Such...a...tease. :D

• Scotty D

This whole blog is just a marketing ploy for Supercore, they are such a nothing brand that they have to use the names of two of the industry leaders to attract attention. It’s such a farce to come here thinking you are going to find real info about the two national brands and find it’s a fake blog and just a marketing blog for supercore. I wouldn’t buy their product for that reason alone. I would really question most of the validity of any endorsement, and it’s interesting that a few people seem to make positive marketing type endorsements for 1-3 years, it’s almost like they are shill’s for this company. Start a new blog Supercore, and stand on your own name or at least rename this one to represent what it is.

WeShipFloors

Scotty,

After a few days, nothing on the page can be modified. If you take the time to actually read the thread from the beginning, you will see it started off comparing Adura Max and Cortec for the first year or so because that is all we were selling. We soon realized we could make a better product. The thread morphed into a grass root place for ideas on what customers wanted. We took that information and built a product line. The people who make comments have been here thru the journey, some have become great customers.

FYI- the name brand companies make very little of their waterproof flooring themselves. They use the same off-shore factories to produce it just like we do. We can give you a FAR superior product for the same or less money because we don't have the huge marketing budgets, display cost, distributor and retailer cuts added into the total price.

I appreciate the slam anyway...

Alan Ward

CEO

WeShipFloors.com

WeShipFloors

Gotoran,

Check out SUPERCore Xtreme Traditions on WeShiptFloors.com. Traditions is a narrower plank that will mimic real wood plank flooring. Room scenes should be ready the next few days.

Alan

• niirvi

Alan,

Any chance Xtreme Oak Natural will be in stock within the coming weeks?

• CHRISY GARCIA

Would love a multi width, multi length rustic/barnwood/reclaimed flooring in brown tones (without alot of golden, orange or red undertones). Something like Shaws Floorte Alto Mix in Calabria pine. PLEASE!

• Jimmie Kelly

Hi. Is the only difference between the supercore products just the physical dimensions of the plank, i.e. traditions vs extreme vs xlt/xt? Thanks.

WeShipFloors

Jimmie,

Yes, plank dimensions. Xtreme is 6mm thick and Traditions and XLT/XL are 8mm thick

Alan

• gotoran

"on top of that" implies that Traditions and XLT/XL are 14mm. :D

I have read through the thread and am somewhat confused. Is Adora better than supercore? A few years ago, I ordered some supercore samples and actually stuck one in a glass of water overnight. The flooring did not warp, fall apart, buckle etc. I went back and forth about replacing my current , destroyed Armstrong floor with Supercore or just putting in tiles.

I have now decided that I don't want to scrub grout lines in my kitchen and will do the supercore. For background- I have 5 kids, a dog and people have to go through the kitchen to reach any room in the main house- I have 5 grand kids, so this flooring is going to see spills that may sit for an hour, till someone realizes it or ignores it. I also live in New England, so the floors will be cold in the winter and my house will be humid in the summer. It looks from the posts that the Adura max has a waterproof seal - in which the super core does not? The seal is one of the reasons I went back and forth on deciding on tile, or flooring. Since the majority of my current damage is due to the lack of waterproof seal.

• Mary Elizabeth

I've posted a couple times in this discussion. Also in several others - hard to keep track, so this may be repetitive.

We put down about 800 sq ft of Supercore Asheville Xtreme just a year ago. I went to every flooring store and big box store within an hour us (Mpls/St.Paul), and could not find anything to compete with Supercore's 5G locking system, 30 mil wear layer, or price.

(My favorite pattern and color was Karndean Rustic Maple, but 2X as much, and lower quality.)

Also, Supercore usually has some sort of sale with "free shipping", no sales tax, and delivery to your driveway. Since my husband did the install, delivery was HUGE. (We did hire some kids to carry it all from the driveway to our back patio!!)

And, IIUC, they have added more colors in the Extreme line.

Fast forward, this is in our lower level, lakeside. Weekends are usually a dozen or more adults, 15 grandchildren plus friends, sand and dripping suits, wet feet, etc. Not one thing has dented or scratched the floor. We use either the Bona microfiber mop (dry) for sand & dirt and/or just mop it with warm water and Mr. Clean. No hazing, no water spots.

Ours has a micro bevel. It was helpful for the install, and not noticeable otherwise. For rugs, I prefer a cotton "rag rug" type, so no backing.

The Adura "waterproof" seal sounds more like marketing rather than any real difference in the product. Maybe call Supercore and ask specifically about that comparison.

Also, depending on your space, compare the maximum length and width that is allowed without transition strips. Our room runs about 38' long and 30' wide and we did not need anything. (For adjoining doorways with different flooring - bath and laundry - we had real white oak threshold milled to fit the LVP edge and stained to match.)

WeShipFloors

I am not sure who is claiming a "waterproof seal". Supercore has nothing in the mixture that would absorb water, so the entire product is waterproof. Max is a WPC product. I am not sure what the ingredients they put in the core.

Alan

• Chessie

HU-468574921 - I personally have never heard of a "waterproof seal" in a flooring product. If there is a seam, then the floor is NOT waterproof. The PRODUCT may be, but not the floor. If you want a truly waterproof floor, then your options are sheet vinyl, or tile. That's it.

WeShipFloors

Chessie,

If properly installed, most Valinge locks are so tight water will not run through them. But this doesn't mean you can line your swimming pool with it...LOL. Water can always go around the product via the perimeter of the room. If you have that kind of water in your room, you have larger issues to contend with...

Alan

• gotoran

Waterproof...

That was good :)

WeShipFloors

Gotoran seal of approval...

Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars129 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource