weshipfloors

Adura Max vs. COREtec

WeShipFloors
last modified: last year

I just spent a few days at the Mannington Adura manufacturing facility 50 miles east of Atlanta Georgia. As I have stated previously, I feel the Adura Max product is superior when compared head to head with other products, including COREtec. After seeing their data, I am more certain of it than ever. Below is what I learned on my trip:

Scratch Resistance:
Adura Max product has an aluminum oxide finish. They are the only company out there who can have this finish on EVP because they hold the patient on the process. When you're talking scratch resistance, Adura Max is going to win hands down compared to any other product on the market - including Coretec. Rating scratch resistance on a scale of 1 to 10, Adura Max comes in at a 9 where standard UV cured urethane (COREtec) comes in at a 4 or below.

Core:
Adura Max HydroLoc core is a higher density core than others on the market. This mean it is less susceptible to dings and dents.

Locking System:
Adura Max premium locking system is waterproof just like the flooring itself. So when things spill, the moisture will not wick down to your sub-floor.

Sound:
Adura Max has a premium ultraquiet closed cell polyethylene attached pad which gives it a IIC Sound rating of 72, where the cork back has a IIC rating of 65. This is critical in multi-tenant applications where sound abatement is critical.

Pricing:
Even with all the solid advantages of the Adura Max listed above, we can sell it to you at the same price of Coretec.

I strive to provide our customers with the very best flooring product available at the very best price possible. Again, I am highly impressed by the Mannington Adura Max product. There isn't anything else on the market that holds a candle to it in my opinion.

Alan Ward
CEO
WeShipFloors.com

Comments (3.2K)

• MaryAnn Lucas

Just had french oak SPC 039X installed in my kitchen and laundry room, and i just love it! So glad I waited for this color! The color is much warmer than I thought, I wanted something light, with not much character, no bevel and this floor is perfect for me, it looks awesome! Thanks Alan! I've been on this website since it started and learned so much!

Best Answer
  • Mary Elizabeth

Why do you prefer bevels? I don't understand the reason for them. Seems like a dirt trap to me.

Need your opinion...which Provenza LVT do you like better?

Jennifer Kim, Have you decided on a floor? I was interested in Finally Mine too, but when I got it home, it was more ash gray. I was hoping for warmer tones so am leaning towards Loyal Friend, but don't want it to be too rustic. I like the colors of Sweet Talker. The problem is my husband doesn't like the variation between planks. I like that the Concorde Oak line is SPC so it can handle direct sun/heat better and is more durable. I really wish there were full room photos of it.

Need HELP choosing Provenza vinyl floor...

Hi All, we are just about to pick our flooring and are still deciding between Finally Mine and Sweet Talker as many of you on here have. Hoping some additional feedback may help with our decision. Finally Mine: has appeared more grey in our sample board but looks browner in the pictures people have shared here. Which is more accurate to the whole house color? Sweet Talker: we absolutely loved the images of this shared above but when receiving the sample board it was quite a bit more yellow than we expected. The pictures above, especially the ones by gallagherboyfarm on instagram look more tan and brown. How has everyone else perceived them? With everyone else's images we thought this was a slam dunk but our sample board has us questioning. Any feedback is appreciated and if people have actual installed pictures to share that would help too! Many of the images above no long show unfortunately. :(

Mannington ADURA®Max vs ADURA®Rigid

If you plan on being in that house for a long time it is worth investing the extra $700. Especially with more little ones on the way.

Does anyone keep their golden oak?

I did -- but it is really small. I am having a really hard time posting my pictures. I love love love love the floors. They couldn't have turned out better. Not just my hard work -- I had a lot of help!! THANK YOU!! Edited: I just tried again. It is a no go. I am so disappointed. I want to show you all so badly. I hope they have it fixed by the time it is complete.
  • Paul Lim

Because they look more refined. They aren't dirt traps with supercore as the bevels are only .5mm deep and painted. it would look better and with a dark microbevel though.

ALAN, PLEASE CONSIDER DARKER PAINTED BEVEL!

• Paul Lim

ALAN, also consider FLAT Texture tiles (marble, travertine, etc). Currently they are textured like they are some sort of slate, but that is unnatural for travertine and marble and concrete etc which are actually flat. I love the grippy texture, but the stone look should be flat. is that possible?

• Nancy

Paul, I like bevels also, but don't like when they're painted an obviously different color than the flooring itself. The bevel to me makes the floor look more "real", especially when light hits at an angle.

• Chessie

Eh. I dislike bevels.

• cherylbirth

To me the bevels make the flooring look less realistic. All the hardwood floors I saw growing up had no bevels, and it might be just because that's what I'm used to, but I prefer that look.

• MaryAnn Lucas

My friend installed oyster, I really like it down, the sample I received was a dark piece so I disregarded and choose French oak which I love, but think I would have happier without the knots but my color tones in my house are much warmer than his new kitchen.

• bbtrix

Love the oyster! Looks great in his space!

• Paul Lim

cherylbirth likely because when we grew up 2 or 2.5 inch oak was the norm. but if you go to any model home or upscale establishment and all floors have a deep dark bevel now. It just looks more polished.

• JJ Mekai

The Oyster looks great! Thank you for the photos. I'm hoping for a contemporary and knot free pattern just like Oyster but a warmer color without any gray or yellow or pink tones. Alan or Zoe, is that a possibility?

• parasol1

MaryAnn Lucas, have you posted photos of your French Oak? I’d love to see it.

• ksd4423

This is a super long thread, but how did we start talking about Supercore when the original post was about Mannington Adura?

• Chessie

kdavis4423 , if you had been on the thread from the start you would know. There was a very early discussion about the distribution problems with Mannington and US FLoors, and Alan decided that he could "build a better mousetrap" so to speak. And so this became a product development thread. It's been an awesome and very educational journey. :-)

• Paul Lim

Chessie the first sentence sounded kind of mean... "if you had been on the thread from the start you would know". It's obviously apparent that the poster was NOT there from the start.

• ksd4423

Thank you Paul. The original post was about Adura Max but to go thru 3,000+ posts to try to find the first response that morphed into Supercore is daunting. I liked what he was saying about Adura Max.

WeShipFloors

Sorry for the long absence from the thread...

kdavis4423 and Paul Lim - I still consider Adura Max the best WPC out there. Mannington is a great company and has been very good to us. They actually LISTEN to their retailers rather than dictating from above like the other guys.

Alan

WeShipFloors

We've just added 4 colors in Herringbone.

Sandal

Driftwood

Oyster

Bay Breeze

We used the same films as our Supercore in the plank versions so they will match identically. Snazzy :)

- Alan

WeShipFloors

In an effort to continuously improve SUPERcore, I have decided to change the entire line's locking system to Valinge 5gc. This system uses a plastic locker to secure the ends. This is a tool free system that will be more DIY friendly.

SUPERcore: Nothing but the BEST for our customers!

Alan

WeShipFloors

kdavis4423

The thread morphing into the SUPERcore thread wasn't on purpose. What triggered the change was when Coretec cut us off from selling their product out of the blue. Better products were out there and I wasn't about to let Shaw Industries dictate how I was going to run my business. I jumped head first into SPC and here we are.

We have one goal: Provide consumers with the highest quality flooring at the best value. I feel like we are doing just that.

Great things are in the works. We are just getting started...

Alan

• cherylbirth

Aw man, ya'll keep making it better after I already bought it! Oh well if we ever move we'll get the new and improved flooring.

• Chessie

"the first sentence sounded kind of mean... "if you had been on the thread from the start you would know". It's obviously apparent that the poster was NOT there from the start."

LOL!! Nothing mean about it.

• Chessie

"This system uses a plastic locker to secure the ends. "

How does that work on the shorter pieces that are cut to fit?

• Mark

Wow, oyster looks really nice!

• Lynn Tiffany Koehn

Anyone have pictures of Moose lodge, or Elkhorn caribou or Barnwood installed in their house?

• Angela Hufford

Lynn Tiffany Koehn, we installed Moose Lodge in our last house. Here are a few pictures from the listing. They’re filtered some by the agent so it looks a bit more saturated than it did in person. Earlier in this thread I posted unfiltered photos, but I can’t find them with a quick scroll.

• Angela Hufford

@Lynn Tiffany Koehn, sorry I can’t figure out how to tag you or reply directly.

• Mary Elizabeth

Angela Hufford, those are very helpful!

Has anyone installed Harvest Moon? Pictures?

• Lynn Tiffany Koehn

Angela, so they weren’t that dark? More browns not much grey, right? Thanks so much for the pictures!

• Lynn Tiffany Koehn

Which Supercore would look good with this coloring? I tried the oyster but it was too grey and cream and didn’t look right with the greige/taupe cabinets. My cabinets are Revered Pewter by Benjamin Moore. The black tables will be updated for something lighter and a new lighter rug. The housed faces south(window on the left of living room window is on the south.the big kitchen window faces west along with the other living room window) we have quite a bit of natural light. I was thinking of keeping it light and airy originally, but now I think it might look like a sea of greige so maybe something darker like Elkhorn or gunstock or a medium like sandal???

• Angela Hufford

@Lynn Tiffany Koehn, I found a couple unfiltered pictures of it that are much more accurate of the color. Don't mind the construction mess. 😁

• LEANNA GILTMIER

Anyone with stair tread reviews yet?

• Lynn Tiffany Koehn

Angela, that is beautiful! Very rustic wood cabin feel. Now I don’t know what to do😂 Thanks for finding the pictures!

• Lynn Tiffany Koehn

Angela, how was that color with showing dirt or drips? I have 3 kids, so just wondering how dirt shows?

• Lynn Tiffany Koehn

WeShipFloors when will the flooring have the new clocking mechanism?

• Angela Hufford

@Lynn Tiffany Koehn, it was not as good as I would’ve hoped actually. We ended up buying a robot vacuum for that very reason. It has a fairly matte finish so mud or drips or dust would really show up when it was hit with direct light. It wasn’t bad in darker areas like the bathroom or corners. I mostly noticed it in the kitchen around my daughter’s chair or in the afternoon sunlight. I almost got gunstock because I really wanted a dark floor, but I’m afraid it would’ve been worse. The color variation helped quite a bit. Next house I think I’d go lighter still even though that goes against my taste. But it just makes sense while we’re still in the kids phase.

• Paul Lim

does anyone have any installed supercore driftwood photos?

• Want Do

I don’t have any pictures yet, but I just ordered 1200 sqft of Driftwood and will begin installing it as soon as it shows up. I will get some install pics then to share.

I too wished there was better photos of this color before I ordered. All I could find were two YouTube videos on the WeShipFloors channel. One is driftwood by itself racked out on the floor of their showroom and the other is two planks laid up on a wall next to Sandal and two other colors. I personally ordered samples of Maple Brown Sugar, Sandal, Driftwood, and Gunstock and my wife picked Driftwood as her favorite for our traditional style home with light grey walls and white trim. In person Driftwood is a medium darkness (not a light floor but not a dark floor either) warm greyish brown, leaning a little more on the grey than brown side. I can share pictures of these samples next to eachother if anyone wants to see that.

We really wanted an embossed in register floor but couldn’t wait any longer. Fortunately, the 30 mil textured wear layer on the current gen Supercore gives the floor a dimension that makes it look really good even without the EIR, so it was good enough for us to make the purchase. I’ve looked at every brand of evp/lvp plank flooring you can see at a local flooring store (Coretec, Mannington, Mohawk, Shaw, LL, etc..) and the Supercore samples are the nicest looking and feeling and sturdiest of the bunch by a significant margin. Needless to say, we are excited to get this installed in our home.

• Kevin Nguyen

Alan,

Hope all is well. You mentioned a while back that you guys will start doing continuous EIR. With all of the pandemic issue going on, do you have any idea when you will get these? Maybe next year? What about stair tread?

• Paul Lim
    yesterday

Hello everyone. Supercore Continuous EIR is finally here! just ordered samples of asheville and blue ridge! i'm hoping they will have more soon! this is a game changer for me. i was always a little jealous looking at modin from supercore's side, but if they can swing this, this is going to change everything!

WeShipFloors
    16 hours ago

Paul,

The Xtreme XL series that just arrived has EIR, is 8mm thick and has the Valinge 5GC true fold and click locking system. More colors are docking at the port this morning.

Alan

• Mark
    15 hours ago

Nice! Will this new line be available in honeycomb anytime soon?

• fredisaduck
    12 hours ago

That sounds great! What colors will be available in the Xtreme XL series?

WeShipFloors
    8 hours ago

SPC053XL - Blue Ridge

SPC054XL - Asheville

SPC055XL - Bison

SPC056XL - Buffalo

SPC057XL - French Broad

SPC058XL - Cherokee

3 are here with preliminary photos and samples ready. 3 others will be in the warehouse Monday.

• Paul Lim
    7 hours ago

Thanks Alan! Can't wait to see some sample pics of these colors!

• Paul Lim
    7 hours ago

Alan, will any of these have the beveling like the high end flooring on the market? The photos of Asheville, blue ridge, and Cherokee, don't see to have a bevel.

WeShipFloors
    4 hours ago

We did a micro bevel. We did not do the painted bevel on these. Its about 80/20 on the bevel with 80% not liking it according to our tracking...especially if its a wide bevel.

Alan

• V M
    4 hours ago

Any YouTube videos of new product yet? Will you post link here when you do?

WeShipFloors
    4 hours ago

VM,

I think so has 3 for the ones we were shooting yesterday. Im not sure if they have been loaded onto YouTube yet.

Alan

WeShipFloors
    4 hours ago

We have a new video out...

https://youtu.be/PAh2KT5I0g8

• Paul Lim
    3 hours ago

Hi Alan, how are you tracking the 80/20? I have a company that does data analytics and studied it at the grad level. I can help!
    Every high end brand, model house, etc has planks that that have a wide enhanced bevel. Are you by chance using this forum to do your polling? In any case it seems to contradict the industry trend at the moment. I know some people prefer no bevel because, quite frankly, they aren't used to seeing it. But many new buyers are preferring it as is evidenced by the pervasiveness of enhanced bevels among well selling brands.

Just a thought.