babka68

H. 'Skywriter'

Babka NorCal 9b
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Just got my Hosta Journal today, and I am in LOVE with 'Skywriter'. Ruffled edge, blue foliage and purple petioles. Might be available next summer 2017.

Just when I figured I had "enough" to take care of already.

Does this ever end?????? Hopeless.

-Babka

Comments (20)

• dansgrdn
    last month

‘Skywriter’

Best Answer
  • Karin Black Cat
    3 years ago

Funny, I had the same thought in my mind yesterday. I got Mike Zilis Field guide to hosta as winter reading and already picked out this and that and in the shopping baskets of various dealers I have 25 hosta waiting to be ordered :-) But I'm still working 10 hours a day and have the same problem with 'care taking'...But I'm pretty sure I will not be able to withstand...Hopeless, that's it :-)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    3 years ago

yes.. of course it does ... when you quit reading the journal .. that you bought a lifetime subscription too ... lol

and stop looking at all the pix here ...

and.. stop visiting all the web catalogs ...

easy peasey ... lol ...

i gave up crack the same way ... lol.. plant crack ...

ken

• don_in_colorado
    3 years ago

That's one of Dan's releases. Beautiful plant.

• zkathy z7a NC
    3 years ago

I was already in bed when I read your post, Babka. It was 29F and the mailbox is an eighth of a mile away. I wimped out and waited until this morning to go get my Hosta Journal. What a beautiful hosta Skywriter is! Thanks, Dan, for releasing it.

• don_in_colorado
    3 years ago

I believe this is it. Lifted this pic from one of Dan's posts.

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT
    3 years ago

Oooh, wavy blue leaves with purple legs. I wonder if the purple petioles stay that deeply colored the whole season. That is a beauty!

• zkathy z7a NC
    3 years ago

Anyone see it listed for sale next year at any dealer?

• dansgrdn
    3 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments! Naylor Creek will have it when it is ready. It all depends on how it grows out. Gary just received it from the tc lab recently. I'm hoping when it is ready it will be worth the wait. It is easily one of my favorites and I'm excited that this is the first one to come out, because I think people will really appreciate it. The purple pets do stay throughout the season and if you were to rub off the wax on the pets, there is a darker purple underneath, not a red with a waxy coating that makes it look purple.
    Again appreciate the comments and interest,
    Dan

• miketropic
    3 years ago

This one looks really wonderful..with new and wonderful usually comes a large price tag..hope I can squeeze this one in.

• almosthooked zone5
    3 years ago

Saw it in Naylor site and not as expensive as one would think $14 USA price so still under $20 if Myrle is visiting her sister, I could have one when she gets her order if done early enough. I must have room of this one even if I have to get rid of one other. Great looker Dan

Faye

• dansgrdn
    3 years ago

Hi Faye, it is not out yet. I think you may be confusing the listing of 'Sky Dancer' which has pycnophylla background and is a Van Eechaute intro that has been out for quite a while. Also a very nice plant.

• almosthooked zone5
    3 years ago

It was :( . I should be fully awake before I comment , Thanks Dan. I even messaged Myrle about this too. Darn! I do have Sky Dancer and it is very nice

• almosthooked zone5
    3 years ago

• bkay2000
    last month

That's a beauty!

bkay

• undertheoaksgardener7b
    last month

Where is the “add to cart” button? ;)

• miles10612
    last month

Count me in. Love the blue color, wavy edge and purple petioles. What a stunner!

• n2hostas (Kansas)
    last month

It is beautiful...sigh...

• bkay2000
    last month

So, is it available now?

bkay

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    last month

nope, and now there's an even longer list of people wanting it, lol.