babka68

H. 'Skywriter'

Babka NorCal 9b

Just got my Hosta Journal today, and I am in LOVE with 'Skywriter'. Ruffled edge, blue foliage and purple petioles. Might be available next summer 2017.

Just when I figured I had "enough" to take care of already.

Does this ever end?????? Hopeless.

-Babka

• dansgrdn

‘Skywriter’

Best Answer
  • Karin Black Cat

Funny, I had the same thought in my mind yesterday. I got Mike Zilis Field guide to hosta as winter reading and already picked out this and that and in the shopping baskets of various dealers I have 25 hosta waiting to be ordered :-) But I'm still working 10 hours a day and have the same problem with 'care taking'...But I'm pretty sure I will not be able to withstand...Hopeless, that's it :-)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

yes.. of course it does ... when you quit reading the journal .. that you bought a lifetime subscription too ... lol

and stop looking at all the pix here ...

and.. stop visiting all the web catalogs ...

easy peasey ... lol ...

i gave up crack the same way ... lol.. plant crack ...

ken

• don_in_colorado

That's one of Dan's releases. Beautiful plant.

• zkathy z7a NC

I was already in bed when I read your post, Babka. It was 29F and the mailbox is an eighth of a mile away. I wimped out and waited until this morning to go get my Hosta Journal. What a beautiful hosta Skywriter is! Thanks, Dan, for releasing it.

• don_in_colorado

I believe this is it. Lifted this pic from one of Dan's posts.

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

Oooh, wavy blue leaves with purple legs. I wonder if the purple petioles stay that deeply colored the whole season. That is a beauty!

• zkathy z7a NC

Anyone see it listed for sale next year at any dealer?

• dansgrdn

Thanks for the nice comments! Naylor Creek will have it when it is ready. It all depends on how it grows out. Gary just received it from the tc lab recently. I'm hoping when it is ready it will be worth the wait. It is easily one of my favorites and I'm excited that this is the first one to come out, because I think people will really appreciate it. The purple pets do stay throughout the season and if you were to rub off the wax on the pets, there is a darker purple underneath, not a red with a waxy coating that makes it look purple.
    Again appreciate the comments and interest,
    Dan

• miketropic

This one looks really wonderful..with new and wonderful usually comes a large price tag..hope I can squeeze this one in.

• almosthooked zone5

Saw it in Naylor site and not as expensive as one would think $14 USA price so still under $20 if Myrle is visiting her sister, I could have one when she gets her order if done early enough. I must have room of this one even if I have to get rid of one other. Great looker Dan

Faye

• dansgrdn

Hi Faye, it is not out yet. I think you may be confusing the listing of 'Sky Dancer' which has pycnophylla background and is a Van Eechaute intro that has been out for quite a while. Also a very nice plant.

• almosthooked zone5

It was :( . I should be fully awake before I comment , Thanks Dan. I even messaged Myrle about this too. Darn! I do have Sky Dancer and it is very nice

• almosthooked zone5

• bkay2000

That's a beauty!

bkay

• undertheoaksgardener7b

Where is the “add to cart” button? ;)

• miles10612

Count me in. Love the blue color, wavy edge and purple petioles. What a stunner!

• n2hostas (Kansas)

It is beautiful...sigh...

• bkay2000

So, is it available now?

bkay

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

nope, and now there's an even longer list of people wanting it, lol.