Software
Houzz Logo Print
jrbw01

Our new master bath!

13 years ago
We have wanted to update our bath since we moved here 13 years ago. We finally accomplished what we'd only dreamed about for so long.

Comments (18)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Very nice, it looks like you are just waiting on the glass enclosure, and you can't even put up a shower curtain to try it out 8-(
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, the glass, the granite for the vanity and the frame for the mirror. We'll just have to wait but it's worth it. Thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    How much trouble was it to remove all the wallpaper?
  • 13 years ago
    Great job! Now I would just add a great piece of art (with warm color of tile) to the toilet room, that you can see with door open.
  • 13 years ago
    It took me about 16 hours to remove the wallpaper and then my husband filled in all the nicks and scratches (oops), and sanded it before I painted. All in all it took about 24 working hours to do the walls. But it was SO worth it.
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, I have to find the exact right picture. I have some fabric to make a valance above the window too. I'm going to pull colors from that (blue, green and gold) to get rugs and towels.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    great choice of materials.
  • 13 years ago
    Did you contract it out or do it yourself? Approx $$$$$s????
  • 13 years ago
    Very well done! I love the vanity and light fixture above --very classy!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    That you, Idenno. I was afraid the light fixture would be a little too girly but it looked good once it was up. I wish I had gotten a little bigger chandelier but I'm happy with it. I'm going to make a valance to go up over the window in blues, greens and golds. I wish I could add more pics when it's totally finished. The vanity is an Avanity named Madison 72" in light espresso and it was ordered through Home Depot for $1200.00. It has soft-close doors and drawers and is really well made. They don't carry it in the store so we had to buy it sight unseen. (scary). We got it without the granite because we only had 72-1/2" to work with and the vanity is 72". We didn't want the granite getting her and not fitting because they always have an overhang of 1/2" or so, so we went to a local granite store and purchase a beautiful piece for $950.00 that they're measuring for tomorrow and installing in a week. Both light fixtures are Kathy Ireland fixtures that we ordered through Lamps Plus. The vanity light was $249. and the chandelier was $199.00.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very nice remodel!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great job, almost done!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Well done! Enjoy your long-awaited new space!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    so much better !
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Beautiful new bath! Bye bye wall paper...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Agree - so remember that wallpaper . . . your dream bathroom is subtle, elegant - ahhhh! Enjoy!