Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waterloo481

need help with accessorizing my bedroom

Sharon Wettlaufer
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have finished painting my bedroom, replaced drapes and quilt set. hung a new pic. Now I need to complete accessorizing

is this mirror too boring?

My dresser seems to need some life

How high above dresser does one hang mirror. LS may move to above TV?

Comments (25)

• everdebz
    7 years ago

I like that the mirror has 2 tones, just like the curtains do, and the mosaic [?] item..... the bird is blue - adding a needed or liked item below mirror, good?

Sharon Wettlaufer thanked everdebz
  • Sharon Wettlaufer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I do have some things around house in blue

How high should the mirror be hung above dresser?

• everdebz
    7 years ago

"Eyeball it" - but others post that kind of guideline... maybe with other things around: window frame, etc... could the top of mirror line up [horizontally] ?? Have someone hold it up for ya!

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Nothing wrong and if you like blue - what about a Pier 1 mosaic frame? but not too busy. $80.

IMAX 96108 Aramis Mosaic Glass Wall Mirror · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

With a mirror like this, you could move over your initials....the 3 over the dresser.

• calidesign
    7 years ago

I like the idea of a mirror with curved edges or a round mirror instead, which will add life and soften the room. You hang it a few inches above the dresser so you are looking directly into the middle of it at your eye level when standing at the dresser.

Sharon Wettlaufer thanked calidesign
  • J D
    7 years ago
    Everything Manon said is exactly what I was thinking.
    Also, I know this is so small scale, but I'd get a new light colored jewelry box that's not wood. Lol even small details are important.
    But def pillows and other bedding and move tv. Id put the mirror somewhere else in room (walls we can't see).
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago
    It appears that mirror will be reflecting person in bed. Very bad Feng Shui. No mirror if you leave dresser in that position. Could you post more pictures of room. Also, just hanging the L S letters doesn't work. They need to be incorporated with something else. Maybe a narrow picture shelf they could be set on
    with some childhood photos.
    Sharon Wettlaufer thanked Flo Mangan
  • Sharon Wettlaufer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

so many suggestions. Night stand is moved. Hubbie only one who watches tv before going to sleep.... with headphones, The room is not that big. I'd like to keep it minimal as possible yet pretty with ooo's and ahhhh's

• J D
    7 years ago
    Well it doesn't look like there's anywhere else the mirror can go. Are you wanting it for dressing/makeup etc?
    Sharon Wettlaufer thanked J D
  • Sharon Wettlaufer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

basically dressing-makeup in bathroom. And to enlarge room

• J D
    7 years ago

Ok well where it is is best then. I'd say two white pillows w a blue border would look best. And one blue pillow w a pattern.
    What about a white jewelry box?
    So for your other nightstand, if you can't get a matching lamp, get one that's the same height and about the same width as the other one. Stick to a white one as well. Mix and matching lamps is super in, so yay! Haha.

Also nice throw:)

• J D
    7 years ago

He should put the tv on a swivel mount on the wall where it is now IMO. Where circled:

• Sharon Wettlaufer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

lots to go on Santa's list

• Sharon Wettlaufer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

love the way you inserted pillows on my bed. I'll check if they are there when I retire

• J D
    7 years ago
    Those bordered ones are pretty expensive, but just an example of what I meant. Positive cheaper can be found elsewhere (other than on Houzz lol). Just FYI:)
  • Sharon Wettlaufer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I am a seamstress. I should be able to do that

• J D
    7 years ago
    That's very true! Yay!
  • PRO
    Lik Squared
    7 years ago

Peter Lik just released a more affordable collection of his photography called LIK Squared. Instant pop of color. 10", 20" and 30" acrylic prints available.

Sharon Wettlaufer thanked Lik Squared
  • everdebz
    7 years ago

I suppose the 10" is $49 / beautiful.

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Sorry, I don't think the mirror / etc... on that wall is an 'ooh'.... but what- art?

• Erin J
    7 years ago
    I need more opinions!!
    Sharon Wettlaufer thanked Erin J
  • J D
    7 years ago
    Erin I think your comment went to wrong conversation
  • PRO
    Live Good
    7 years ago

At Live Good we have both decorative pillows and
    duvets that would help give more accessories to the room.

[Live Good Duvet Covers[(https://www.houzz.com/products/duvet-covers-prbr1-br~t_540~a_10-29532310)

Sharon Wettlaufer thanked Live Good