Software
Houzz Logo Print
ethealey

Master Bath Shower Help - 6'5" x 5'6"

9 years ago

I have a few questions regarding my master bathroom shower layout in my new build.


My untrained self has come up with this proposed layout.

-We are going to use a temporary bench (combed through old posts to settle this piece of the puzzle!)

-2 Niches where the blue arrows are (out of sight from the entry to the bathroom)

-Shower head where the red circle is (I think the wall with the windows is useless for a shower head because the window is in the exact spot a shower head would go)

-Valve trim/controls where the green circle is

-Wall behind the tub is a ½ wall

-No door (the shower entry is next to the green dot)

Questions:

  1. Should I keep the yellow star as all glass or make it ½ wall like behind the tub? The ½ wall would hide more, i.e., moveable bench/clutter. The architect drew it with glass there, and I don’t know which is “better” aesthetically or functionally

  2. Where should I put the hand bar? To left or right of shower head? (see pics below drawn on on a picture of the actual shower). I am not sure if the moveable bench would go behind the tub wall or under the windows.

  3. Is this shower layout OK? I am not even close to be qualified to be making these decisions!! we are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 4 and 3) if that helps. :)


Comments (6)