Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimee8890

Coffee Table Help!

aimee8890
7 years ago
I've been searching for the right coffee table for this sectional for ages and can't find anything perfect! I'm avoiding any glass tops as I will be needing something somewhat child friendly. I found this nice but simple wood two-tier sample table but I'm not sure if the size is right! It is about the width of the area rug in the picture, but only 3 inches longer. The length of the table is 46 inches and the length of the sofa (excluding the chaise) is 80 inches. Does that make this table too small for the space??

Do you think it is too boring? I plan to get a light grey 8x10 rug to put under the couch and table, and to style the table with a nice tray, orchid and books. Would appreciate any advice!!

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

If you want child friendly, this table has pretty sharp corners and I think it is too wide as well. Have you looked at the more "recycled wood" tables? Might be an interesting juxtaposition to the velvety sofa fabric.

Recycled Boat Wood Coffee Table · More Info
    Something like this only a bit less wide as well?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Laura Round Coffee Table, 32" · More Info
    A round might be nice too. The one above won't work either because of the metal side edges for little ones. Sorry about that, but its the wood element that makes it great.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Metal Round Cubic Side Table · More Info
    A couple metal tables might be useful with that size piece. You can easily move these around too. Pretty child friendly as well.

• PRO
    So Chic Home Design & Styling llc
    7 years ago

Consider:

A couple of small cylindrical drum side tables - maybe of varying heights or colors that fit your scheme to draw interest. West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Wayfair or Target may have some great options!

Perhaps a large upholstered square, round, or rectangle table ottoman (in a kid friendly fabric , or even leather) - check out Houzz' shopping site!

Or, a large round tray table from Wayfair - form and function here.

Sounds good about how you plan to style once you've found your table(s).

Definitely add some colour to your space via area rug (be sure to research appropriate sizing for your space), then add some fluffly colourful pillows and artwork from colours found from your area rug. This will help marry the space a bit more for you!

Good Luck!

~So Chic

• suzyq53
    7 years ago

How about an upholstered ottoman with storage, red or orange? Add a big tray. Put your feet up? Not a gray rug again. Can you come up with something that appeals to you that is not gray. It doesn't have to relate to orange.

• aimee8890
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks for all the feedback! Unfortunately I don't find red or orange to be aesthetically pleasing for home decor but I'm open to other colors for the area rug if you have suggestions! I definitely don't want the space to be too grey but can't think of another nice neutral that coordinates well with the sectional.

Also, I've been looking for an ottoman but can't really find one in a smaller rectangular shape.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Night Sky Rug, Blue, 7'10"x10'7" · More Info
    this rug would brighten up room and has some gray in it but isn't total gray.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Cyan Design 08352 Aldous Ottoman, Purple · More Info

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Caravan Cotton Throw Pillow, Purple, 23"x23" · More Info
    A couple of these on sofa, a bright turquoise rug, and purple ottoman and you have some "energy" in this room. I have a leather gray rectangle ottoman, but figured I would jazz this room up first!