Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spindle22

Scroll to end of thread?

spindle22
7 years ago
How can I quickly get to the newest comments on super long threads?

Comments (8)

• Emily H
    7 years ago

If you click where you see "Comment" at the top of the thread, you will jump down to the last post. Hope that helps!

• rredpenn
    7 years ago

It would be so great if this was feature also applicable to the phone app! I've found no way to do that on the app.

...scroll scroll scroll scroll...

• rredpenn
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Well, I think someone :) is listening! I opened my android phone tonight. There was a new notification, and I tapped it. The Houzz app loaded the thread, as usual, and MAGIC!!! My long thread loaded and instead of me having to scroll scroll scroll to see the latest comment, the thread sped down to the last comment made-- all by itself !

LIFE CHANGER!! Thank you, Emily and all the fine people in the IT dept.! You're my time and finger saving heroes of 2016!!

Spindle22, are you using a device (Ipad or a phone which get to Houzz discussions through the Houzz app) or are you using a full computer with a web browser? You didn't say. Pardon me if you have tried these tricks...I don't know how computer savvy you are.

On my Ipad, with the Houzz app, you can tap where the thread's comment number is (after the thread is introduced, there is a statement saying how many comments there are on it), and that will also take you to the bottom of the thread. Then you can scroll back up thru...

On the web browser on your computer, you can go to Houzz, find a discussion thread, and scroll to the bottom as usual with the track pad or mouse. Or, in the case of the very long threads, a great shortcut is to use the keyboard controls. Make sure your cursor is hovering in the body of the thread's text. Then, you can hit the "Command (Mac) or Control (PC) + the down arrow key." That will take you to the bottom of the thread right away. Then you can scroll up to see where you left off...

On my phone app, previous to this evening, there was no way to do either of those tricks. But now it is loading the thread page all the way, and then taking me to the ending comment automatically. OMG HOW WONDERFUL THAT IS! :)

• spindle22
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks rredpenn. I am using app on iPad. It only jumps as far as the first comment. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
  • glschisler
    7 years ago
    On the iPad app do a double click next to the dilemma title. That will take you to the last comment then scroll up.
  • spindle22
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    OMG! Thank you! That works perfectly. Funny cuz I did that once by accident but never could stumble upon it again. Lol.

Happy new year
  • Marlena Kramnick
    5 years ago
    Oh my gosh! This post is a game changer. No more scroll, scroll, scroll! Yay!!