Software
Houzz Logo Print
benjiross

Is this worm friendly?

9 years ago

I've got a very narrow narrow balcony on which I have a few potted plants. I'm a novice and may not even know the names of some of these!!

I use a bit of vermicompost once in a while (purchased about 6 months ago). I water to keep the soil damp. Its been quite cold / cool the past few weeks. Am I guilty of overwatering? Perhaps yes.

I noticed these worms in one of the pots today. this is a chilly plant which grew from seeds - mainly to keep my son happy as he gets to watch it grow a bit every week.

My first thought is that they were earthworms, but considering my lack of gardening skills would like to see what they actually are and are they safe to keep in the pot (I've read varying opinions online). I don't have any flying insects on the plants. Once in a while I notice ants.

Posting a couple of picture and a video:



Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting