Software
Houzz Logo Print
cal122

Miele LiGi - WetCare program?

9 years ago

Does anyone know if the WetCare programs are available on the US Little Giants?

I've been doing a lot of research lately on the LiGis and compared the US and UK manuals and thought it was interesting the U.K. Manual had so many more interesting cycles. It made me wonder if it was possible to get these programmed on US machines through a service visit if they aren't available out of the box.

page-28

https://www.miele.co.uk/pmedia/ZGA/TX2070/9448490-000-04_9448490-04.pdf

Also interested in the Towel+ programs.

It looks like the Lanadol products are recommended for Miele Professional wetcare.

Thanks!


Comments (18)

  • 9 years ago

    I, too, was hoping for the WetCare programmes. But, alas, the American software omits all of the cycles you speak of. I would use the towel cycle all the time. That said, you will not regret this purchase! It's hands down the best washer available to the American market. The user control, quality control, temperature control, number of cycles make this a pleasure to use.
    Miele US ligi manual

    Cal thanked aamassther
  • 9 years ago

    @aamassther.. Thanks! That's a bummer though.

    Any thoughts on loudness/vibration compared to the residential W3048? When I demo'd the W3048 I found it was very quiet/smooth (except for the drain pump) and unfortunately the Miele showroom doesn't have their LiGis connected for comparison. Mine would be going into a laundry closet (with concrete slab floor under) and I was hoping to keep noise levels/vibration down in order to use it the evening hours.


  • 9 years ago

    Because they are heavy duty units, they're a bit loader on drain and spin. But, mine are stacked and on a framed foundation. Concrete is the ideal foundation, therefore, it should be quieter with very little vibration, if leveled perfectly.

    Cal thanked aamassther
  • 9 years ago

    Besides who cares about a little noise, its a MIELE...LOL.

    Disclaimer: I'm in no way saying Miele's are loud.

    Cal thanked mamapinky0
  • 9 years ago

    I would say mine is 25% quieter than the Samsung it replaced, but I can't compare it directly to the w3048. They have both of them in the Chicago showroom and I can't say the LiGi was perceptibly louder. The w3048 actually has a higher spin (1600 rpm) so may in fact be louder when fully wound.

    Here's what you have to ask yourself, and it's an important question. If the machine is, say, 20% louder than the w3048 but completes the cycles in 60% of the time, how is that really measured? I'd rather deal with a bit more noise for a shorter duration, but we each have our own upper and lower tolerances.

    Cal thanked Alex Chicago
  • 9 years ago

    I agree with Alex' observations. My previous pair was probably a bit quieter overall, but not by much. However, the ligi is much more stable on spin. Making it no trade off at all. That and these are state of the art machines that are literally in a class of their own, especially in the US. The only factor that gave me real pause was the price.

    Cal thanked aamassther
  • 9 years ago

    I have 2 Miele washer sets. Neither a LiGi. On both, the spins are fine, it's the pump that is noisy. What do you guys think? I have a w1918 from the early to mid 2000's and the W3033 from around 2013. The 1918 goes to 1600 rpm and is quiet. It's the pump that is tha noice maker. You can tell the difference. My W3033 only indicates "high" with regards to spin speed. I don't know how fast it is going. W3033 on wood joist floor system W1918 on concrete.

    Cal thanked enduring
  • 9 years ago

    Thank you all so much for the info and guidance.

    @Alex. Agree, reading about the 'synchronous' wash cycles where the washer/dryer cycles are the apparently timed the same and overall quicker was a big draw for me. Current washer can take almost 3 hours for wash/dry and its unbearable. I'm lucky if I can get one load of laundry done after work.

    Do you find the wash/dry cycles are still synchronous with the condenser dryer?

    From all your posts, it seems like the condenser dryer is much quieter, so noise probably won't be an issue for me.

    Any idea if these units have the WCS (water control system) that the W3038 has where the pan can detect leaks? Having a hard time finding any info on that too.


  • 9 years ago

    Alex Chicago, is there a Miele display center in Chicago? I am near Oakbrook. I had a Miele W4840 and matching dryer for 10 years. Washe still works but dryer died, and Miele doesnt have replacement parts! My dryer was vented gas so I looked at Electrolux but it is nothing like how my Miele worked. I run small loads and my drying time was probably about 20 max. The American dryers don't seem to have the reverse tumble that the Miele has. I am unfamiliar and afraid to look into a condenser dryer. Any suggestions on what to replace my Miele dryer with?

  • 9 years ago

    Hemweber - Yes, there is a Miele Experience Center in their showroom in the Merchandise Mart. First floor. Enduring and I have both been there; it's quite an...experience! :)

    Your previous dryer likely did dry very fast as it was gas and vented. The dryer I replaced was the same way -- very fast dry times. Do I miss that? From time to time, yes. However, the care given to the clothes and NEVER having static any longer is well worth the added minutes. If Miele still sold a vented dryer I still wouldn't buy one because I don't have venting in my new laundry room. If I had the vent, I'd really have to think about it.

    The Miele dryer for both the Little Giant and the w3048 (the only other residential unit now available) are condensers. If your washer is still fine and you're not looking to get a whole new setup I would get an Electrolux with reverse tumble. It will be the closest match in size and functionality.


  • 9 years ago

    @Alex - That info is super helpful re: wash/dry times, thank you. It's hard to find videos for the condensers (mostly vented dryers). Does your condenser dryer stop/start the venting noise as it reverse tumbles? In the videos it sounds like the vented model did that. Thanks again.

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks Alex I will have to check out the Miele showroom. I heard from the Miele tech that worked on mine that Miele is planning to reintroduce into the American market. He said he doesn't know the timing though. I wish I could wait.

    So I did try the Electrolux 617. However it doesn't have the reverse tumble. I didn't realize how important that was to have had on the Miele. Also the laundry was full of static. I never had that from my Miele either. Based on a quick internet search I think I read that only Miele and GE have reverse tumble. So I think my only option for a vented with reverse tumble is GE. Any thoughts on that?

  • 9 years ago

    Looks like they are looking to launch something this year, but who can say when.

    The USA Miele marine site says they are looking to launch 8kg machines for new markets (unless the site is very old).

    http://www.mielemarineusa.com/us/campaign/marine/laundry_4455.htm#p4362

    And the international design show in Canada this month showed off the W1/T1, again without any timeline.


  • 9 years ago

    @Cal - you're very welcome. If it hadn't been for the information Larsi and SuburbanMD had shared publicly (as well as countless hours of private messages with Larsi) I would have never made a decision. Even these "pro" models con't come with manuals that really delve deep into the specifics.

    Yes, the dryer absolutely gets quieter during the reverse stage of the tumble; the fan speed seems to cut in about half. It shuts off briefly (1 sec or so) in between. During the Automatic cycle, for example, it's 60 seconds of Forward tumble followed by 30 seconds of Reverse. It does this throughout the entire cycle. Some of the more Universal programs do not start reversing until later. Larsi? Back me up on how long? Delicates also reverses generously.

    @Hemweber - I thought the 617 reversed; my apologies, but I could have sworn we researched this when the machines were first coming out last year. I thought it was even listed on their website. I've heard good things about the GE but I don't know anyone who has it.

    I wouldn't hold my breath on the W1/T1, and it will 100% be a condensing (heat pump) dryer when it gets here.


    Cal thanked Alex Chicago
  • 9 years ago

    Did someone mention the Chicago experience center had LiGis that could be used (washed/dry)? All the centers I called mentioned they only have the residential units connected and the LiGis for viewing only. Thanks!

  • 9 years ago

    In Chicago I swear that they have the LiGi. The last time I was there was 1.5 years ago.

  • 9 years ago

    Last April there was a LiGi washer and dryer set up for demo in the Chicago Experience Center. Barbara is right. I'd call first. I had been dealing with a manager named Dove, so you could ask for her. If not, plan a trip to the north side of the city and come use mine :)

0