Software
Houzz Logo Print
hjennife

Outside material hold up to AZ heat and sun?

9 years ago
I have another weather tolerant question about these building materials. I see the stucco, but what about the siding/shingles. What are these made out of? Is it a composite type material that holds up to heat and sun? Also the pillars coming out of the brick, is that wood or is it stucco over it? I live in Gilbert and planning on building a similar house and wanting to stay clear of stucco/AZ style. Looking more for a farmhouse/traditional style. Love some of the rustic touches on this home- we live out in the farm fields!
Ventura 4 · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Good questions! The siding is a composite material so it will withstand many years of this intense sun/heat we get here in the valley! I have attached a link with the info. Also the brick pillar has a solid wood 8x8 post beam on top. Since it does not go all the way to the ground it should last for a very long time.

    https://www.jameshardie.com/Products

  • 7 years ago

    Hi! I'm back! I called you guys about building our house but I am out in South gilbert and you said you didn't do work out there. I'm picking materials for our exterior now. Can you please tell me the name of this brick mix and the mortar? I'd love to know the source too. THANK YOU!


  • 2 months ago

    Did you ever find out more information about this brick and treatment? I'm thinking it's limewashed and I'm looking for something very similar.