Software
Houzz Logo Print
fredgso

Design Help w/ Opening Wall

9 years ago

All, I am going to get an structural engineer in to determine what is required to support my design, but first I want to nail down a design that incorporates into the rest of the house. I have attached some pictures and a notional drawing. My main goal is to carry the theme of the house correctly, so I want to carry the vertical posts from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor. These may turn out to be structural or just facade is the engineer wants to use a steel beam to span the entire length. My main dilemma is what to do at the two edges. Right now there aren't any posts on the 2nd floor and the ends, but from doing a scale drawing, I think the whole design looks better some posts. Anyway, all design advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Comments (9)