amydyoung48

Has anyone had any experience with the Pottery Barn Performance fabric

Amy
I am considering a slipcovered couch in the light grey basketweave performance fabric, as I've heard they wash better than the sunbrella fabrics. I need something that washes well!
I am open to other brands/ suggestions!

• Karen Kelley

I am surprised at your delay. Mine came much quicker than I had expected. Maybe it’s the holidays and the Covid situation. I really love mine and assure you it is worth the wait.

• Rosie F

Update: mine is finally being delivered Thursday, 1/21, (ordered on 8/25/20)so I will post pics 🤞

Pottery Barn Outdoor Furniture - Is it worth the $$ ??

I bought the chatham outdoor sofa and was pleased with it. It went together easily, the cushions were nice and it was comfortable. But, why doesn't pottery barn put up reviews? Everyone else does? And - they have very poor customer service. I had an issue with them regarding another order and even though I was being very reasonable, one of their representatives hung up on me. When I called back to talk with someone there was a lack of concern about my initial issue or the way I was treated (the hang up). I just don't give them my money any more.

Need sofa advice! Ethan Allen or Pottery Barn?

@kzcampbell I've been looking at recliners for a long time and have selected one of the Lee Industries recliners over our second choice, the Crate & Barrel Declan recliner. Crate and Barrel also sells Lee products so the designer in the store worked with us and based on quality we decided to spend about 15% more (after upgrading the Declan fabric) and go ahead with the Lee 1835 from a Lee distributor. Although initially we wanted leather, we couldn't quite justify spending another $1,200 for a leather recliner. If you can swing it, go for it.

Anyone has any experience with quartzite. Please let me know.

OK everybody, thanks so very much!!! I am a Tasmanian devil in the kitchen so being too particular is out of the question. Seal, seal, seal sounds like a good mantra. The sink story was really scary. I'll ask my fabricator to maybe add some sort of support under the sink if possible to prevent that from ever happening. Right now we have been changing out the cabinets and I laid out some sheet rock just to have something to lay my things on and I'm thinking this, if I really wanted a particular material and it was known to stain or etch or burn but I had to have it then maybe it wouldn't be too out of the question to lay a nice sized glass piece over the areas most likely to get heavy duty action. I'm not going to do this on this project but if I was really wanting a look, that would make me feel O.K. But seriously, I can't believe how difficult this has been. Like make a decision girl! I have spent hours, probably over ten hours looking at slabs. And I've seen desperate souls much like myself out in the lanes of stone supply houses. LOL! Again thank you all and I will post the before and after once the decision is made :D

Question for those with light colored performance fabrics….

I have the “Hugo” sofa and chair in Veldt Sand from Crypton. https://www.cryptonstore.com/hugo-sofa/ It doesn’t get a lot of hard use, but it does get occasionally dirty from my dachshunds lying on the floor against it. I’ve used the cleaning solution they sent as well as regular water and had no trouble cleaning and picking up the dog hair. I previously had a Pottery Barn performance fabric and I really couldn’t see any benefit. I could never keep that sofa clean. I have to say that the Crypton is a rougher fabric, and the sofa reminds me of my dentist’s office, but IMO it is certainly sturdy, easy to clean, and well worth the price.
  • Ashley Marie

Is Performance Linen soft or rough? I am planning to order the PB Comfort sectional and asked a local store to send me fabric samples in the light linen/oatmeal color I like. I also requested that they be soft. Well I noticed she didn’t send performance Linen so I asked why she chose not to send it and was told it is not soft. Any feedback on this? I currently have a (returnable) sectional and the fabric is very rough that I cover it to sit on it.

• Karen Kelley

I have the Performance Linen in Oatmeal on the Carlisle Rolled Arm Chaise in my office and it feels pretty soft to me.

• Ashley Marie

So adorable!! Thank you for the feedback.

• Tiffany Taylor

I have the performance linen in stone and I feel that’s it’s soft and comfortable. I love it ! No peeling and stains wipe off easily with water.

• Rosie F

So I finally received my sectional...5 months later. Although I have a few furniture pieces from Pottery barn, I ordered the PB comfort sectional online using only measurements, swatches and online advice. I did hear some mixed reviews on different fabrics, and of course it is so hard to pick from a swatch so I was nervous. I am happy to report that I LOVE IT! It’s the Sunbrella Performance Sahara weave ivory and it’s perfect; Soft and similar to a twill, which is what I was hoping for. I did use a steamer, as the slip covers were pretty wrinkled, but that’s ok. I’m still waiting on my coffee table, and a couple more pillows, but my plan to lighten up my home is working out well so far.

• Marie Cooke

I’m told that because I ordered the performance boucle in oatmeal fabric that it’s the reason I haven’t received my sectional. I’m thinking about changing the fabric to performance basket weave Nate performance because I still have no date. I receive a email every month saying it will be delivered the following month. I love ivory but I always worry about red wine getting spilled on it in the future once I can have holidays at my home again. Do any of you recommend a great ivory fabric for the Big Sur I ordered.

• Karen Kelley

I ordered my Big Sur Sectional in Performance Boucle Oatmeal on August 16th and it was delivered on September 30th. My receipt had an estimated delivery date of October 12 - 16, so I was pleasantly surprised. This is the fabric that they show in the catalog and have on display in most stores, so I expect that the designers thought that it would present best. The holidays, Covid situation, and simple fact that they highlight the Big Sur in this fabric could all be reasons for your delay. I absolutely love my sofa and feel that it would be worth the wait. Wishing you the best of luck with what ever you decide!

• ptrainarn

Karen Kelley- have you experienced and pilling with the boucle fabric? Do
    You still like it?

• Veronica Munn

I have been waiting for my sofa in charcoal velvet since November. It was supposed to come last week--still no word on its arrival. I also ordered a table which was supposed to come last week-that's been pushed to March.

• Ashley Marie

Karen Kelley, is the boucle or linen softer? Or about the same? Trying to decide which of these to get on my PB Comfort sectional.

• Karen Kelley

It depends on what you mean by soft. As far as the comfort and feel when you push or sit on the cushion, it is about the same. The Boucle fabric is not a smooth feeling when you run your hand across it because of the texture. The linen finishes a little tighter and didn’t have as much give. They are both very comfortable. I feel the boucle is more trendy and the linen more traditional, if that matters to you. I hope that helps.

• Karen Kelley

No pilling and still love it!

• wilcken

Hi there - This thread is so helpful. I am thinking of getting the PB Pearce Roll Arm in Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed Oatmeal. I am crossing my fingers that it will hold up to 3 boys and a dog, but my bigger fear is pilling. Anyone have any past experience with that and the Sunbrella Performance fabric? Thx!

• svetlana7485

I have several upholstered sofas/sectionals from PB and my favorite fabric by far is Performance Slub Cotton. I have it on my main family room sectional in Stone. I have spilled just about everything on it and it all has wiped off with just a wet wipe, my 4 year old has covered an entire sectional with chocolate once or twice and it wiped out with no trace. My absolute favorite sectional from PB is Turner square arm that I have in this fabric - exceptionally comfortable with down cushions and looks great too. Yes, the down doesn’t look as tailored as the foam, but its comfort is 100% worth the relaxed look.
    I also have Jake sofas, Big Sur chaise and I had 2 Townsend sectionals in different fabrics/colors. I’ll dig up some pictures and fabric types/colors to compare my personal experience with each of them.

• svetlana7485

The white Townsend sectional is in Salt Sunbrella chenille (I do not recommend that fabric unless it is slip covered), the Jake loveseats are in Performance Linen Oatmeal (really nice fabric, but not exceptionally soft to the touch, it woks great for formal pieces. It’s not bad at all, just not as soft as the cotton, which I love).

• svetlana7485

The gray sectional is Townsend square arm in Performance everyday suede metal gray (I do not recommend this fabric as it looks and feels just like microfiber and isn’t very soft, it also has that effect when you brush it in various directions it looks messy. I also do not recommend Townsend line altogether as it’s not very comfortable). The white chaise is Big Sur in Ivory Performance Linen (nice down cushions and sturdy fabric, not too soft, but looks great).

• wilcken

Thank you for posting all these amazing photos! Beautiful. I feel relatively good that the Performance fabric will hold up to spills now.

My concern now is pilling. I keep being told that fabrics with a wider stitch may be more open to pilling. However, I am not certain if the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed Oatmeal is a wide stitch or not?

• Marsha Von Gruben

I have Pearce rolled arm -2 sofas in oatmeal performance Sahara. No problems at all. Yes, get a tight weave. Will not pull as open weaves will..I just wipe off spills. There have been a few times that I took cushion off, washed on delicate and hung cover to dry. Came out great. Also, I,can’t remember, it if PB offers a stain resistant finish that they spray on, I’d probably do that. Again tight weave. You can go to store and they usually have large pieces of fabric that you can actually see. They have designer come to your house also at no additional charge

• Vanessa Foster-Neal

Any suggestions on best fabric that's kid and cats friendly?

• Anastasia Beauregarde

thinking of buying the Chesterfield Sleeper Sofa, as we get so many guests come by, but wasn’t sure whether to go with one of the performance velvets or the other fabrics. Any recommendations? I liked the idea of getting a grey tone velvet, seems comfy, but was worried it might not be as sturdy as the other performance fabrics.

• Tanya Donalty

I have the Pearce sectional in the Performance Heathered Tweed Pebble slipcover and HATE it. The sofa is barely 17 months old and looks 10 years old. The fabric is pilled everywhere. Would it recommend that fabric. We have the down blend wrapped cushions and they are lumpy, saggy and misshapen. Worst money I ever spent.

• Kelly C

Has anyone machine washed the Performance Everyday Linen slipcovers? Crate and Barrel has an identical fabric that is machine washable but I’m wondering if the difference is that PB doesn’t pre wash theirs as CB does.

• Tiffany Taylor

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve never washed mine and the sample said dry clean only. A sales associate at PB told me they machine wash on gentle and slightly air dry in dryer. Put back on couch damp. I’m curious if anyone has done this with good results.

• Kelly C

Thanks that’s great to know because I can’t get anyone at PB to say anything other than the official instructions or what would happen if I washed in cold Water.

• Rosie F

I have read numerous comments that people machine was them & put them back on slightly damp

• Georgia Page Hallett

We've had the Slipcover Big Sur Double Chaise Sectional for almost a year now in Sunbrella Pebble Fabric. Overall I'm happy with the sectional, the cushions were a bit hard at first but have relaxed enough that the sectional is quite comfy. We have been very pleased with how well the fabric has held up. We wash them every few months, they come out of the washer faintly damp and I put them right on the sectional then because when I waited for them to air dry it was harder to reapply them. Overall, my biggest disappointment is in the Pebble color. I spent a lot of time deciding between colors and ultimately went with Pebble after seeing a sectional in the store with the color because in the store it looks far more white but what I got was beige.

• trish8658

Has anyone gotten Everday Linen in Stone from Pottery Barn? Is it more tan or lighter?

• April A

So thankful for this thread. My father in law who is almost 90 cut his leg and it bled on our PB Sullivan Fin Arm sectional in Performance Ash Tweed (it’s a very light silvery blue gray color) and he was beside himself with worry. The stain was a few inches long and about an inch or so across. It was dark and had (mostly) dried. I promise you, I just cleaned it completely off with a Costco wet wipe. I knew I’d be able to get it out but this was beyond easy. It took less than five minutes and about 3 wipes. He was so worried, I can’t wait for him to see that the stain is completely gone.

• Maria

April A how long have you have your Sullivan sectional? How is it holding up? We are trying to decided between that or the Big Sur Deep but in the return bumper or chase configuration. So far I loved the Ivory Performance Heathered Tweed fabric but after reading this tread I’m not so sure I do anymore because I don’t want pilling I would be mad if that happens after spending so much money.

i just want to advise anyone who wants to purchase from pottery barn do not open credit car with them and put your purchase on it you will stuck with the bad customer service and can’t do anything I purchased a sofa and it comes in wrong size instead of deep seat we got regular one they picked it up 2 months ago and supposed to give us the credit back to repurchase it again and we still haven’t received the money l called them every 2 weeks and they are telling me they resolve it and I have to wait another 2 weeks to receive the merchandise credit!!! I still don’t have a coach if I paid with different credit card I would make dispute and purchase another coach from store I stuck to them and god knows when I can purchase new coach!!! Just make purchase with the card that you can dispute if you’re not happy with them.

• Kayla Reid

I have TWO Cameron sofas in Ivory Everydaylinen™ by Crypton® Home. I literally HATE THEM. They have stains everywhere. And liquid soaks right into them! This fabric is a JOKE! Do NOT waste your money on this crap.

• Kayla Reid

These sofas are about 6 months old. ☝🏻

• April A

Maria- we’ve had it for well over a year but it was in storage for most of that time. We’ve been using it for 6 months in our main living room- where we have out main TV so we use it a ton with no pulling as of yet. Mind you, we haven’t washed any of the slip covers yet but so far so good. Ours is super deep and we love it but my one teeny tiny gripe is it feels (even after 6 months of usage by a family of 5) kind of firm- not at all like the one we tested in the showroom which we just sank into. All that said, I’d buy it again in a heartbeat. Hope this helps.

• Ashley Marie

Kayla, oh no!! That‘s terrible. I have a couch coming, super backordered, that is in that same fabric except I got the oatmeal color. Hope you can file a claim with PB and they help you!

• svetlana7485

Yesterday my husband spilled an entire bottle (yes, you read that right) of red wine onto our sectional. 5 cushions were soaked including the crevice where the pieces connect. I’ve taken the covers off and washed them, no trace at all! It even cleaned off the parts I couldn’t wash. Performance slub cotton in stone. I had to apologize to him afterwards for overreacting a little. Now the stain on the rug is another story..

• krich1203

Ok my fiancé did this last night, hence why I’m here. A glass of red wine, fortunately not a bottle, but all down the side of the couch. We have performance slub cotton in white. I was able to spot treat it very well to the naked eye but because I know what happened, I can tell it’s not totally out and I’m nervous to wash. Can you tell me which cycle and type of detergent you used? air dry? Thank you!

Don’t worry I have the same color fabric in my pb comforter slipcover sofas I wash them twice since I have them and the satins are completely removed. I didn’t have wine stains but I had chocolate stains, I just used shut spray on stains and used tide pods in normal cycles with cold water and just air dry, I don’t use dryer because it might shrink , and then I used iron to make it nice and soft. Actually before I order it I put wine, chocolate and mustard and catchup stain on swathes and then wash them and they all came out clean. I hope can clean your sofa as well.

• svetlana7485

Krich1203, I used tide pods as well and normal cycle, but I also dried the covers on low temp until they were completely dry, because I was limited on time.

• J Mc_2

Looking for advice on Sunbrella Performance Herringbone. I am looking at Pebble which looks light grey.. but other pebble fabrics seem to look more beige so I am scared to purchase. I am guessing they are great for stains but is the fabric comfortable? How does it wear? I would LOVE to see any photos!

Finn

Hi all, this thread is very helpful, as I have been studying all the sofa models and fabrics for awhile now. I'm planning to get the PB upholstered comfort roll-arm sofa, but I am dithering about fabrics. I am used to 100% cotton fabrics--my old sofa was a Restoration Hardware with vintage velvet upholstery (100% cotton), and it was so thick and soft, not shiny, and cat hair was practically invisible on it. I got a bunch of swatches from PB, and the velvets just don't feel good to me (of course, it's a 2" square of fabric, so not easy to tell). It doesn't feel anything like cotton velvet. So when I look at my other choices for cotton, it seems like it's regular Twill, Performance Twill, and Performance Slub Cotton. I saw one person in this thread said they love the Performance Slub Cotton. Is it soft? For example, if you were lounging in shorts, would it feel nice on your skin? The swatch doesn't feel that soft, but it's hard to tell. Or has anyone used the Performance Twill for anything? Thanks for any advice!

• Monica Meyer

Ditto on Finn's question above. Too expand i am on the verge of picking two York slip covered sofas and going with whites or creams. What i Really need to know which of the following is best with messy men and two dogs. Performance twill or slub cotton, sunbrella perf. slub tweed or sunbrella perf. sahara weave. I am taking chenille off because of hair getting stuck in the fabric but i cant decide from the choices above and the price difference is significant. I like soft smooth fabric as the brushed cotton from years past but very important that i can keep clean with my color choice. HELP!!!

• Kayla Linder

The Sunbrella performance is horrible. I was complaining within days about peeling. I got my couch replaced with micro suede and have been very pleased.

• svetlana7485

I definitely recommend performance slub cotton. It’s soft and comfortable for us. We recently sold our house and the buyers really loved our sectional sofa and offered us twice what we paid for it. We said no, as we can’t part with it. My husband said - absolutely not for sale! We are going to love it in our new house!

• jbkpeschel

Can anyone comment on Performance Brushed Basketweave fabric?

• Kayla Linder

That’s what I had from Sunbrella and absolutely horrible unless you like the worn in, piled look.

• jbkpeschel

What was the fabric content of that brushed basketweave?

• Monica Meyer

I am down to picking between PB slip covered deep seat york or Arhaus Emory slip covered. anyone have any insight on the two sofas and which should i pick. They will be white/cream so scared to death to make the plunge which is why im committed to a slip covered sofa but still .

• Jennifer Kennedy
    22 hours ago

I have the deep seat York slipcover in Performance Ivory Linen. It is a beautiful sofa, and very comfortable. But the slipcover has black Velcro which was not sewn on properly so it shows and mine was torn. I’ve been careful with the sofa and a few marks have not wiped clean like I was told they would. I haven’t tried machine washing them yet. I also have the Townsend in Performance Slate and it seems to be holding up well but it’s not used as much.