I think this is the current or correct name for this plant. It has been listed as P. odoratum variegatum, Polygonatum x hybridum or somesuch, but it's the tall garden variety that was 2013's Perennial Plant of the Year.
I know that new rhizomatous shoots will emerge from the growing tips and these can be used to increase one's stock. (I'll never have that issue. Just the opposite!) But my question is this:
Will sections of the length of rhizome, cut into manageable lengths of a few inches, root and grow new plants? Are there unseen lateral buds that will grow from the cut rhizome?
I'll be trying some this spring and will hopefully find out myself, but would rather not waste time and space if success is not a possibility, as with back rhizomes of, say, bearded iris.
raydioOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Macon Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Indianapolis Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · South Sioux City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Plattsburgh Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Grand Junction Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Worcester Landscape Contractors · Elmira Landscape Contractors · Jamestown Landscape Contractors · San Francisco Landscape Contractors · Ogden Landscape Contractors · Nashville Architects & Building Designers · Sioux City Architects & Building Designers · Alexandria Architects & Building Designers · Youngstown Architects & Building Designers · Show Low Architects & Building Designers