degarthy

Need help for my bathroom

degarthy

I have a very small bathroom (master) that is going to be renovated. The general contractor and his team are recommending the following:

1. Installing a custom frameless ad shower door

2. Remove the large jacuzzi tub and redesigned that space for a matching vanity (that will be right across and facing the existing vanity. (which will be replaced)

3. They are suggesting that I have tall 12x12 cabinets left and right of sink (single sink in each vanity)

4. Framed mirror (over each vanity) with brushed nickle to match the faucets, towel bars and showerhead, etc.

Questions:

1. Is this bathroom too small for the 12x12 cabinets on both sides of the mirror that the cabinet maker is suggesting?

2. Should I go with a brushed nickle frame for the new mirror I will be purchasing OR have the cabinet maker create a frame to match the cabinets? OR, other suggestions?

The other areas of renovation are fine with me. They will be tearing down walls to create a more spacious area.

I appreciate your help very much. Photos of the "before" images are attached.