Software
Houzz Logo Print
hechthouse

how much clearance (distance from wall) for soaking tub?

13 years ago
We are planning a bathroom in which we would like to have a soaking tub. At the moment we are thinking of putting it parallel to a wall, with a window not quite in the center. The length of the wall is 111 inches (9'3"). The tubs we like are around 66, which would leave 45" total for clearance (I mean, to leave space to walk around the sub)

I would like advice about how to position the tub along this wall: Should I just center it, leaving 22.5 " inches on either side? Or woudl it be better to position it off center so that on one side, there was more generous clearance and on the other there would be just enough room to get past? the foot of the tub will have various things nearby that might require additional space (tub filler, towel warmer (perhaps) on the wall, and a pedestal sink on the facing wall, only a couple of feet away.

I am wondering if 22.5 inches is enough at this end or whether I should shift the tub -- and if I consider doing this, will it look odd not to be centered?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Comments (5)